1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NFL QB Chosen for 'The Bachelor'

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by droogie, Jan 22, 2004.

1. droogie

droogie Full Access Member

Link

LOS ANGELES (CP) - Canadian Jesse Palmer, a quarterback with the New York Giants, is looking for love.

The Ottawa native has been selected as the next Bachelor for the fifth instalment of the hit ABC reality show. Palmer let the cat out of the bag in an interview shown Thursday on Extra, a television entertainment news show.

``I meet a lot of girls it's very true, but I really haven't met one yet that I feel is sincerely interested in Jesse Palmer,'' said Palmer of his love life. ``This is a chance for me to get on (the Bachelor) and find someone really special and important to me.''

The Bachelor is scheduled to begin filming in April. Palmer, a sandy-haired, six-foot-two 25-year-old, will have his pick of two dozen single women, gradually whittling the field of contestants to the one who captures his heart.

The Extra interview revealed Palmer's sensitive side. He was shown cooking and opening a bottle of wine.

``I'm not afraid to tell somebody `I love you' '' Palmer said.

When asked what kind of woman Palmer is looking for, he replied: ``Someone who's real cool, real down-to-earth, real fun, wants to get out and see the world, and hopefully wants to have a big family.''

Palmer was drafted by the Giants in the fourth round of the 2001 draft out of the University of Florida. and has primarily been a backup to starter Kerry Collins. He started the final three games this season when Collins was injured, losing all three. He finished the season 60-for-116 for 532 yards passing. Palmer completed the final year of his NFL contract this season and is slated to become a free agent in the off-season.

Palmer said his parents were the inspiration for his decision to do the show.

``They eloped in San Francisco when they were 24 years old,'' Palmer told Extra. ``They're both 50 years old and they're still together today.''

Palmer's father, Bill, was a former player in the CFL while his mother was a model. Palmer's younger brother, Billy, is a tight end at Notre Dame.

A call to Palmer's agent, Peter Schaffer, was not immediately returned Thursday.

In an interview with the Ottawa Sun last June, Palmer said he was single. ``Just trying to enjoy this part of my life.''

Asked if he wanted to get married, he said: ``Absolutely. I'd love to have a big family. Right now it's just a matter of being patient, not rushing into it.''

But he added: ``I hear married life is great but I don't think I'm ready for it yet. I'm thinking when I'm around 30, so I've got six more years.''

Some bachelorettes may hope to push up that date.

Canadian hockey player Harold Hersh made his debut on the Bachelor spinoff, the Bachelorette last week. The Montrealer was given the heave-ho in episode 2.

So far, the only couple from the reality series to make it work has been Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter - a former University of Colorado football player who was once on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers' negotiation list - from The Bachelorette, whose extravaganza wedding was televised Dec. 10.

Hmm..

I hope he talks in third person the whole show...

2. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

whatever

3. bkfountain

bkfountain Full Access Member

He's gotta get on tv somehow. Not like he'll get signed after sucking for the giants.

4. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

gator.

5. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

He'd be better served working out and trying to be a better quarterback. If he's not cut, he might have a legitimate shot at taking Collins' job next year.

6. kshead

kshead What's the spread?

You must've not seen any of the games he played in. Yikes. He's a lot better off on The Bachelor.