1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCAA CLEARS TENNESSEE OF FURTHER INQUIRIES INTO FOOTBALL PROGRAM

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by BearBryant, Jan 9, 2003.

1. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Unbelievable, The guy admits to getting $4500 and nothing happens. I wish the NCAA offices would burn to the fucking ground.

---------------------------------------------
    NCAA CLEARS TENNESSEE OF FURTHER INQUIRIES INTO FOOTBALL PROGRAM
    The NCAA enforcement staff informed the University of Tennessee Wednesday that it will not conduct any further inquires concerning football compliance issues that have been under investigation the last two years. UT learned of the NCAA's decision via a letter delivered to athletics director Doug Dickey.

"That is the good for us," Dickey said. "We do not have violations for the institution or any of its representatives that were involved with this. We will now move on with our program with a good, sound understanding that the process that we went through over a two-year period of time has been valid."

The NCAA letter stated "the various matters that were looked into do not appear to be either substantiated by the evidence as NCAA violations or do not constitute NCAA violations as related to the university." UT, along with the NCAA and the SEC, has been investigation issue regarding former student-athletes Eric Locke and Tee Martin.

"You try to educate people as much as you can," Dickey said. "It's an ongoing process everyday. It takes a lot of effort by assistant coaches, head coaches and the compliance staff."

***Listed below are statements from UT officials in response to the letter. Full contents of the NCAA letter can be viewed on UTSports.com (www.utsports.com).

STATEMENT FROM PRESIDENT JOHN W. SHUMAKER
    "The University of Tennessee cooperated fully with the NCAA in its investigation of the allegations surrounding Tee Martin. While we regret the investigation raised questions about whether Mr. Martin violated the NCAA's regulations on amateurism, we are pleased the NCAA did not find any problems associated with Tennessee's handling of the situation. The University of Tennessee has not had a major infractions case in more than a decade, and we expect to continue this record."

STATEMENT FROM DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS DOUG DICKEY
    "I am pleased for the University of Tennessee that as a result of NCAA findings, there is no further action necessary regarding these issues. We continue to have confidence in our policies and procedures for dealing with NCAA and SEC compliance concerns."

STATEMENT FROM HEAD COACH PHILLIP FULMER
    "I'm certainly glad it's over. I appreciate everyone's involvement - their diligence and their patience. I'm delighted our program again has validated itself from a credibility standpoint. We will continue to do the things necessary to make sure we follow the rules and regulations of the NCAA and SEC, of which we are members."

-----------------------------------

2. Piper

Piper phishin member

I told you nine months ago zip would happen, and at worst it was a secondary violation, meaning nothing would happen. Glad to learn it wasn't even that.

I also told you Rowe was the real bad guy. He was getting money from a lot of people, saying it was for charaties, and then putting it in his pocket. When T asked his old family friend for some cash, that's where it came from. That's when the IRS came calling, and he scrambled to explain it all. He tried to pin it all on others, one of those being Tee Martin. Fortunately their were others he tried to do this to, and he got caught in lies.

Have fun in jail, Rowe.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2003