1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC State

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by wolfpac, Apr 13, 2009.

1. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

Sure did......285 lbs now. Great family. Hes waited his turn and paid his dues. Played real well in the bowl game and looks like its carried over to spring.

2. wolfpac

wolfpac Full Access Member

Yep, he was on the two-deep going into the spring and I've heard he has performed well and hasn't Cash missed some time so he should have had a chance to show something.

3. wolfpac

Spring game today. Glennon/Wilson were both sharp. Defense looked really good supposedly. Game format wasn't great for Wilson as getting touched counted as a sack but everyone knows it takes more than a touch to bring Wilson down. Running game still needs some work. TEs looked really good. (All this based on what I am reading as I couldn't attend).

Announced attendance of more than 21,000. That's awesome. For comparison, Duke said they had 4K+ and UNC-CH had about 2,000. Haven't seen what Wake had today but can't imagine they were much different from the Duke crowd (actually, that's sort of impressive for Duke).

4. wolfpac

Stick/Gotta, did either of you get to make it and if so, any thoughts from y'all?

5. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

I think final count was 21,075 people. Very impressive for a spring game and recruits at the game take notice of this stuff and very important for the guys on the team to see support from the fans.

6. wolfpac

Saw a chart of 2008 Spring game attendances and that 21K number would have put us between the Spring game attendances of Wisconsin and Oklahoma State in 2008. No idea what 2009 is looking like but I would think it will be similiar company.

Sorta amazing that Duke more than doubled UNC's attendance. Cutliffe is getting them a little bit fired up over football. Haven't seen that at Duke since Spurrier.

7. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

bad weather and the whole ncaa tournament thing. wish they didn't schedule it so early.

8. wolfpac

There were definitely circumstances but still, 2K (and that was a generous count from some of the pictures I saw from it). I do think they are talking about moving it later in the year next year aren't they?

9. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

I'm suprised it was that many. With 40 degrees, pouring rain and windy conditions, not many people would show up for that - you know the wine and cheese fans aren't coming.

I haven't heard they were trying to move it up, but assuming UNC makes it back to the tournament next year, mid March isn't going to bring a basketball schools fan base to see a football practice.

10. wolfpac

Well, having it that early also opens yourself up to having cool weather and keeping people away. Definitely should be moved back into April.