1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

My Journal- My first game at William Brice

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Harib Allsack, Sep 15, 2002.

1. With request from Larry Deezy, I am going to share my experiences of my first Gamecock football game. First was tailgating, and it was great. A trip to a student party was well worth it, great food and free alcohol. After that we wandered over to another group with an RV. They were older, but invited us in anyway. More food and more drinks. A good time those older folks showed us. As the game approached we moved into the stands, where quite a bit of pre game bickering took place. I saw this one queer in a Georgia shirt that looked like it was stolen from Waldo get his face smashed into the concrete. There were plenty of fights left and right, and USC fans don't take too much shit from Georgia bastards who think they own the visitor's stadium. Fuck those Georgia Bulldog jackasses, I hope they rot in hell. Next, there was the intro, which I found to be quite impressive. And then there was the game. Georgia put a FG on the board quick, and then lightning caused a 50 minute rain delay. When play resumed, both teams battled back and forth with a rash of turnovers. Georgia's only TD was horseshit. Then Carolina drove down and scored when Brewer made one of the nicest catches I have ever seen. I don't know how that little guy came down with it and not the 2 Bulldog defenders. The place exploded and it was great. Let's skip ahead to the 4th quarter and about 40 secs left, UGA 13-USC 7. The Cocks had just completed a 4th and long. They were driving to what would be the game-winning TD. The moved steadily, down to UGA's 3. 20 seconds left on the clock, 4th and 1. There was this feeling of electricity in the air, everyone was getting ready to go crazy, and the students ready to stream on to the field and tear the posts down. The Cocks line up in shotgun formation, The play appears to be a draw with Jenkins, but then he pitches back to Pinnock. The ball was at his ankles and Pinnock can't hold it. UGA ball, they run out the clock and escape with a victory. Not to take anyhing away from the victory, but they do not look like the 9th best team in the nation. The Cocks on the otherhand would look pretty good if they didn't turn the ball over 5 times a game. Anyways, it was a good experience and I have tix to next week's game vs. Temple. Hopefully the Cocks will blow them out. Later

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

The pitch was perfect, right at his waistline. Pinnock just bobbled it, and that play and the earlier fumble he had explains why he only got 11 carries.

We had left a little early to beat the traffic, and my father-in-law just sagged as he listened to the last play on his headset. Too bad.

We'll be down for the game next week too. Glad you had a good time.