1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

MLS CLT Expansion Pep Rally (7/18/2017)

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Jul 19, 2017.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sonofsuperfly/albums/72157683737976324

Normally I'm a very minor soccer (football/futbol) fan compared to most other people . . . I'm not getting up to watch ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE (or other Top Tier League) matches early on a Saturday morning. I might watch bits and pieces of big matches during the World Cup and Olympic years, but that's about it. I remember bits and pieces of the old NASL days when the NY Cosmos (with Pele) were pretty much the best team in the league and dominated the prime years of the league (1968-84) . . ..

However, wtih Marcus Smith (from Speedway Motorsports . . . Son of Bruton) recently launching an expansion bid to bring a MLS team to the QC, I've become a full time supporter of the idea of big league soccer coming to town :) :) !!!! A new 20k seat MLS Stadium would be built where the currently decaying Memorial Stadium stands outside of Uptown CLT (which barely gets used these days outside of HS Football games in the fall). I think there are just enough soccer fans in the CLT area and beyond that a MLS team could be a solid success here!!!!!!!!

So Tuesday afternoon I headed to First Ward Park to check out the #MLS4CLT Pep Rally, which was held to highlight the visit of MLS BigWigs on their official visit to the city with Marcus Smith and other CLT Bizness Leaders . . . . Hopefully the local politicos (Charlotte and Mecklenburg Co.) will get there act together and finalize the stadium financing plan over the next month to solidfy the city's bid. I'm hoping this event will start the momentum to bring the QC its 3rd major pro sports league to town :) :) !!!!!! #MLS4CLT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]