1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mike Price fired...

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by The Brain, May 3, 2003.

1. Boo

Boo Cornholio

I heard Stallings may comeback to coach one year so they can hire a top canidate next year....

I could see a setup from AU fans...and the stripper. Someone at the hotel knew it was MP in the room, I'd assume he'd be smart enough to use an alias just to keep people from calling his room. I could see the stripper saying "give me $2000 and I'll keep my mouth shut" or something to that effect. Just the fact that she ordered one of everything in to go boxes tells me she may have had an ulterior ($$) motive...no way MP would let that fly on his corporate card, anyone who has ever turned in an expense report knows that one of everything on the room service bill will raise some eye brows. I'll give it a month, she'll be in playboy.

2. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

I'm not speculating on whether it's true or not, but it would be very easy to drug someones drink. It woudn't have to be something Auburn did but a some sketchy fans would be more believable.

3. y2b

y2b King of QC

Looks like Mike Shula will get a shot at it (Miami's QB coach, and former OC for the Bucs under Dungy)

4. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

it's either coughlin or shula. I want shula

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Hope he does a better job than he did with the Bengals. But that shouldn't be too hard. It was the Bengals, after all.

6. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

another story...apparently he likes to hang out at buffaloes...

I have kept my mouth shut and listened as the national press and even some of our own have beat down Coach Moore and President Witt and now I will speak. So listen very carefully. A few weeks after MP was hired he and Coach Dunn went down to Buffalo's American Grille for a drink. My brother and cousin were there with their frat brothers and sorority sisters. MP was on the bar screaming roll tide and f@#$ the tigers. He was purchasing drinks for my cousin and her friends who were all under 21. All of that could be tolerated in my book because he was a new coach who wanted to make a splash, get to know the students, etc. But what happened next was what led to his downfall. MP said to my cousin and two of her friends who live in the GameDay Condos that he was also staying there and his wife was still in Washington so they could "have a good time". They declined as kindly as they knew how and left. When they got home that night a car was slammed into the wall at the condos and still running. MP was on his cell phone and came over to them and started to be real nice saying they should go up to their condo and he would come see them in a few minutes. He STUNK of alcohol and was stumbling as he walked. The next morning my dad was called by my uncle and they were in Tusc. within an hour. They met with Coach Moore as did another one of the propositioned girls fathers. MP was then talked to by President Witt and Coach Moore and we have all heard he supposedly shot off at the mouth in that meeting.

7. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

Shit in enemy territory and he does that? Firing was too good for him.

8. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

Firing was too good for him

some are saying he was lucky to just get fired

Last edited: May 5, 2003
  9. Boo

Boo Cornholio

since they fired him, they have to pay out his contract...right?

edit: I remember hearing on the radio some guy saying he never actually signed the contract....

Last edited: May 5, 2003
  10. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

Probably not. THe contract usually has a morals clause. UA's position will be that he violated the contract. It doesnt sound like he's in a positionto be arguing. They may make a small settlement just to be rid of the issue.

This guy was Ryan Leaf's coach. The SD Chargers felt he lied to them when they asked him about Leaf's character before they drafted him. Maybe he didn't. Maybe he honestly thought Leaf's behavior was perfectly fine. He may have helped Leaf become what he is.