1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mike Price fired...

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by The Brain, May 3, 2003.

1. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

Oh Cool maybe they'll hire howard schnellenberger Let the guy die in heaven.

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I really don't care one way or another about him. I just think it is a poor reason to fire him. Of course there could be more to it than what is generally known. If we were consistent we would have to fire half the coaches and most of the politicians for such things.....

3. VOR

VOR OnlyU CanPreventRelection

I dunno I have to agree with the prez on this one. The guy hasn't even coached a down and he's already pushing it. Plus he's supposed to be an educator, not to mention that he was dumb enough to get caught. I realize that teams no longer wear jackets and ties in public anymore, but geez a little decorum you know?

4. lde

lde Teddy and Gabriel

I assumed from the Univ. prez's statement that there was alot more that he wasn't going to mention. The politicians have differnet bosses, and aren't in charge of young people. As to the other coaches, I think the shots have gone across the bow. The universities are getting tired of this.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

The politicians affect a whole lot more young people than the coach of some football team. Probably less than 5% of the population knows anything about Alabama football. I think the politicians should have a higher standard.

Maybe there is a lot more, maybe it is justified. It seems weak to me based on what I know now.

6. Reznor

Reznor Sunspots

I agree with thelt, the prez lying under oath with a straight face while looking people in the eye is a hell of a lot seedier than some generic coach doing what he did...the prez affects everyone in the country in some way, the coach only affects one small community. If you don't think what clinton did gives a dreadful message to young people, you are sadly mistaken. I don't care about this guy getting fired or whatever, but what Clinton did only taught young people to do whatever it takes to keep your job, including lying under oath...

7. Yuck

Yuck Sweet Pea

Clinton's fate was decided by Congress, Price's fate was dcided by the U of A Board of Regents. Clinton played in the band, he really doesn't have much to do with football.

8. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

I was listening to a sports station while driving through Alabama on Friday. They were either interviewing or playing a taped interview with Drew Bledsoe's dad who is friends with Mike Price from Washington State. He was suggesting he was set up for this. The Alabama radio show host (could have been an Auburn station) thought that was absurd. Whatever happened it seems like we don't know the whole truth.

9. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

It was an Auburn charity tourny he was playing in. I dont think any school would stoop that low. except for Tennessee.

10. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Hello Mr. Torbush....