1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Miami got fucked in the ass thread...

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by SandMan, Jan 4, 2003.

1. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Point #1... I had forgotten about this thread... must have had a few beers that night.... :D

2. Shocker

Shocker Guest

Whenever a call determines the outcome of a championship game it is ridiculous IMO. That call is never made and should never be made. Period. I could care less, but Miami deserved to win that game.

3. Piper

Piper Guest

So defenses should be allowed to commit PI? Offenses should hold when the game is on the line?

4. Hate to say it but college football needs instant replay reviews like the pros.

5. PI and holding calls aren't reviewable.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    is tipped ball an option for review? I had remarked there was a tipped ball on the throw, and no PI on tips.

Not that I put that much emotional investment into it, but it's interesting to consider.

7. he was being held before the ball was in the air...and after. Why does it matter if it was PI or holding?

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    well it was called PI. I agree that the foul on the play was DH not PI, but the call was PI and there can't be PI on a tipped ball. If batted ball can be reviewed, which is what I was asking of you, then PI could be overturned. Obviously DH can't be overturned either way, but that suggests it was called, which it wasn't.

9. maybe he did both...I never saw a replay that showed a tip.