1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Miami got fucked in the ass thread...

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by SandMan, Jan 4, 2003.

1. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

The ref had reason to throw the flag.

2. Bubba

Bubba Guest

Miami has nothing to complain about. They turned the ball over all night. If they would have held on to the ball they would have won.

3. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

It wasn't pass interference. I'll agree to that.

The whole game had a lot of "close calls" and "no calls", a lot. True Champions find a way to win, and the true National Champions are Ohio State.

Miami blew it bigtime on the 4th & 14. You could just tell at that moment, the Buckeyes knew they were going to win. Not one celebration after that play, they just lined back up. Miami played scared, lacked confidence and emotion the whole game. Ohio State played their brand of football and never swayed off course.

You could tell the lack of emotion when Dorsey was screaming on the sidelines. It's a lot of pressure for these kids to go out there and perform under a national spotlight. OSU were the dogs, and the pressure was all on Miami. Miami beat themselves early.

I don't think the play call warrants a black eye on possibly one of the greatest NC games ever played.

That kick to put it in to OT, wow, that was huge. OMG! That was off the hook.

4. Piper

Piper Guest

The Miami player was impeding him for 8 yards. That's illegal. To tell you the truth, looking at the replay again, I can't see a time when he wasn't all over him. So it was holding and PI.

Agred Y2. Best damn game I've seen in a long time.

5. It was no call.If it was you do not wait 5 seconds to toss a flag.

The ref who tossed that bogus flag Did you know......

In the last two years, the Big 12 has issued at least two known letters of apology after games where Porter has made controversial calls. Miami is stilla great team and will be in the hunt again.Ohio State will be a good team. Fighting Champion?? Will they get up enough balls and play Iowa???I sure would like for my Canes to get them next year.I cannot understand why Miami did not blitz more? Giving up a 4th and 14 is inexcuseable

6. kshead

kshead Guest

Nothing to do with balls. Rotating schedules in the Big 10.....er 11.

7. Can't blame the game on one call. If Miami hadn't turned the ball over as many times as they did, they could have scored a few extra points and wouldn't need to blame losing on one play. Just like if Ohio State had scored on a few more possessions, then the game wouldn't have gone into overtime. Coulda Woulda Shoulda....the game ended and Ohio State was the winner.

BTW, the OSU player was being held before he entered the endzone and missed the ball being thrown to him. Would have been the same outcome as the pass interference call.

8. some bitch

some bitch Guest

suddenly i want to talk sports :D

9. Bubba

Bubba Guest

that can be arranged....

Miami got the same pass interference call in the 2nd overtime, plus a face mask. The refs made the right calls. Miami's play calling was too conservative on the last four plays of the game. Either line it up and run it in or throw it. That quick hand off and out pattern by the te were both killers. The fourth down call should have been a screen. The pass rush left the RB WIDE open.

10. wow, gone for a few days and missed all of the whining. I have to find a site that gives awards for whining, this thread has to be world class material.

Point 1) Miami should have stopped OSU on 4th and 14.

Point 2) Miami is lucky OSU faked a FG and botched it and missed another one or it would not have gone to OT in the first place

Point 3) the undefeated (make that one loss) hiesman trophy canidate and all time Miami passing leader should have hit the receiver that was wide open in the end zone...he wasn't even close to hitting him.

Point 4) They had how many shots inside the 10 before they were stopped on 4th?

Point 5) I bet all the whiners who think PI/Holding was a bad call thought the holding call on Gamble in the 1st half was a good call even though it was no where near as blatant.

Point 6) why does is matter if it was holding or PI? The only reason the ref delayed his call was to decide which one it was.

Point 7) if the hit on mcgahee was a cheap shot then I see about 40 cheap shots per game. did you notice how long mcgahee's cleats were? they appeared to be inch long....on a dry field with good turf, half inch spikes are more than effecient....the longer cleats just locked his feet in the ground.