1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Matty Ice

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Smoke Screen, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I took the high road and said I'd be pulling for them in the playoffs. Didn't add the rest of the sentence - to lose the first game preferably on "their f'ing field". I have to say all the Falcon fans I was near or came in contact with were nice or very quiet which is probably a first for me. Generally Falcon fans & Steeler fans at games are complete jerks in my experience whether they win or lose.

I'm just there to cheer my team and Matty Lice was the one who disrespected and then it was our team not me. And I've had the great pleasure of being exposed to really good fans over the years and it's a lot more fun to kid back and forth then fight. Had some GREAT Dallas fans sitting behind us the first time we beat them in the post season and they laughed at all the prison jokes and us saying there were no straws in the stadium because the org was afraid Irvin would think the white lines were coke and snort them.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Fuck the Falcons and their idiot fans.

3. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

A-fucking-men brother... A-fucking-men. Couldn't have said it better myself.

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I gotsta to agree with this.

5. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Love it.

I used to get into fights there. Knocked a Rams fan out after the game where we beat them in the snow, and they were all trying to do their circus dance shit here - that was back in the Seifert days. Think Reggie White had a sack and Jimmy Hitchcock had a pick 6 if I remember correctly.

Sigh... those were the old days, the good days, the all or nothin' days...where motherfuckers had to look over their shoulders if they were gonna come to Ericsson and run their dicksuckers...

6. Malapoo

I LOVED going undefeated at home that first season at Erricsson.

7. Mills51

Mills51 Full Access Member

I did too, but it warped my expectations for the next 16 years.

8. Malapoo

It did indeed spoil us. I will say this past Sunday, at one point when our defense was on the field, the metal rail in front of me was vibrating from the noise level which I haven't felt in years. Still will never match that first year when in the uppers the concrete also felt like it was shaking. But I will have to say, although the crowds are smaller and have been for years, the noise level may fall a bit short, but those there might be "truer fans" because while it may be 2/3rds the number or less it's not 2/3rds the sound when they get going.

9. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Man that last game V pitt was magical.

Remember Kordells 80 yarder.

Cota's INT

Kasay saves the day second half.

Then Romo breaks Kerrys jaw in preseason the next year and it all goes to pot. Still got the game day coin from that game.

10. Malapoo

Yeah. I knew Cota had the ball and was jumping up & down screaming while the people around me thought it was a td and that I was crazy, but I could see Cota's glove color around the ball.

And the 49er games were SO LOUD.