1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Marty Hurney

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

As ss54 and others pointed out, your "reasoning" is absurd. Fowler, Sorensen, and Gantt had no problem taking shots at Fox once it was clear that he was leaving. Gantt wrote a vicious article about Moose once he left for Chicago. Meanwhile legitimate columnists around the country routinely write articles criticizing decisions by the players, coaching staff, or front office. These clowns don't do so because they're cowards and because they're not knowledgeable about the sports they cover.

By saying this you show that you have absolutely no idea what it means to be a journalist or columnist. Anyone who refuses to raise a subject because they're scared it might affect their access no longer deserves that job regardless. Now you certainly don't use the platform to take personal shots, but you should always be willing to write whatever criticism you feel is legitimate.

No, I don't. I once said that LaDainian Tomlinson wasn't worthy of a first-round pick, and have owned up to that ever since. I also questioned Rivers' ability to be an above average starting quarterback due to his very limited arm strength, although I praised his touch and accuracy. Trading a second round pick for a guy who has never played wide receiver was idiotic regardless of the results, especially given that it ended up being the #33 pick.

No, it most certainly isn't. Your problem is that you're not a particularly intelligent individual, so you don't even understand what is being discussed. It's not that Otah himself wasn't worthy of being a first round pick, it's that trading so much to get him was unnecessary since the Panthers could have just taken him at #13 and then drafted another running back in the second round (as noted, Forte, Rice, and Charles were all available).

Wrong yet again. It's amazing how many incorrect statements you can fit within one post. People like me have to be correct more often because we can't fall back on the Observer as an excuse for our relevance. I have to prove myself knowledgeable time and time again if anyone is going to give a shit about what I have to say. Moreover, I also do cover this stuff professional, albeit for a fantasy football magazine. That gives me less credibility than the Observer writers in the eyes of most, even though my work requires far more preparation and is distributed all over the country.

If you had the slightest bit of intelligence then you would have noted an extensive documentation of Hurney's flaws and failings. That case is closed.

2. udontknowme

udontknowme Full Access Member

what magazine do you write for? Not that I don't believe you, I've seen you mention it numerous times, I just don't recall you mentioning which one and I'd probably pick up a copy just to see if I could see the correlation between your style here and in the mag.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

The Fantasy Football Guide / The Fantasy Baseball Guide. Magnus did one season on it and is actually the only person in the magazine's history besides me to handle the rookie article.

4. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Hmmm, okey doke. It just makes me wonder why someone with super-human intellect such as yourself would bother emailing their thoughts about a football team's GM to a couple of mental midgets with hamster-wheel brains.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    And screamers are on radio, not print.

As for my bitterness, I dunno. I ve always felt like Collin's methods were losing him much of his audience. Suggesting a bias he works so hard on is comical, that someone otherwise will find all this reasonable.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Because they have a job that they should be doing.

7. klgeorge13

klgeorge13 Molon Labe

Works for Jim Rhome. :laugh2:

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

9. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

10. DJ_Tet

DJ_Tet Full Access Member