1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Marty Hurney

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Collin, Feb 1, 2011.

1. curly

curly Full Access Member

I agree about the balance needed but you lost me after that

2. curly

curly Full Access Member

probably, but what he, Mags and others on this board think is more interesting and entertaining than either of them

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Span the globe. You'll find that beat writers are fairly soft on those with whom they desire to engage. In Gantt's case, it's probably to his advantage to "milk" certain people within the organization to continue to gain access, which leads to quotes, which leads to filings, which pays his bills.

A columnist has a journalistic responsibility to opine. That's it. Sorensen, I believe, truly believes in what he writes. Fowler, too. Not here to say either are great or bad in my book, but they're columnists.

Beat writers report facts. Collin, if I read the context correctly, believes Hurney ranks near or at the bottom of the list of GM competency in the NFL. My opinion doesn't matter, but at the same time, neither does Gantt's, or Person's, or anyone covering the team from a news perspective.

I do feel Gantt, at times, slants a little to the pro-Hurney side, probably for access, but he also slants heavily on Armanti Edwards. I don't think that's an accident, considering both are ASU guys.

I think Collin, despite anyone's personal opinion, has enough knowledge to do what any local beat writer does. He would probably frame it a certain way, probably differently that what you're used to reading, and that's the point where his editor would do his thing.

4. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Anyone else think its weird that Moose now works at WFNZ and you never hear from Gantt on there anymore?

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Editing would be a critical issue, I'm sure.

Always felt like Yas relied a lot more on outside sources, like agents, which have him more freedpm. Always hated hearing Gantt whine abt Fox not giving enough words, like quotes equal articles.

6. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

lol

Gannt now works for the competition, 730AM

7. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Yes, Gantt tends to get a little cranky. I know this.

Great reporters, even those that follow the most trivial of events, make the best out of any "Shit Sandwich" they've been fed. Fox, I could see, would have been frustrating to cover from a beat perspective, but hell, you're not a freelancer, but a staffer. Dig something out, for the love of shit.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Oh theres definitely plenty that they can improve, lessons that won't be learned, and in part because of how it was done.

9. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Editors don't like revolutionaries.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

:banghead: Clearly you don't understand, since what you describe bears no resemblance to reality. I wasn't demanding that the writers in question produce a column about firing Hurney, but I was interested in hearing why they had not done so. Notice that I'm not pissed at Fowler for just ignoring the Email. What made Sorensen and Gantt look like such unprofessional idiots is that not only were their responses moronic, but they were dicks about it as well. Please think more about what you post before you post it, because forcing me to help you understand very basic concepts that I shouldn't have to waste my time on is obviously going to get on my nerves.

When you say my football knowledge is just "slightly above average," it just highlights your bias, since not even you actually believe it's limited to that level. Moreover, no one gives a shit about what you prefer as to whether I'm here or not, and it's because you as a person provide absolutely no value whatsoever. If you ever had anything interesting to say or added anything at all to this board, then maybe someone would value your opinion, so if you want them to then start making some sort of effort.

Again, it's amusing to me how you are still soooooooo bitter towards me after all this time. Good grief, we haven't even had one of our patented fights since then, and yet you're still taking unprovoked shots at me on Twitter and insulting me in these threads. You've never been able to separate the argument from the emotion, which is why you naturally side against anything I say, whereas I agree or disagree with you based on how I view your argument rather than who is saying it.

#1) They clearly do, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten their tits in a twist.

#2) Any mature adult should be willing to listen and learn from someone else's point of view. If you read my case and truly think it's idiotic, that's fine to say so if you explain why it's idiotic. But they had no legitimate objection to what I said, they just didn't want to accept it. They're mental midgets who don't want to be bothered with external thoughts, they just want to dwell on whatever banal observations pop into their hamster-wheel brains.