1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mack Brown - You'll never win a National Title

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by SandMan, Sep 14, 2002.

1. SandMan

SandMan Guest

:thinking:

I'm sorry, I thought they had been a top 10 team before more than once before he got there... Ooops guess I was wrong on that. I know they were in a slump.... but I think their "winning tradition" on paper was much stronger than UNC's over the years...

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    If you're saying they were a bigger program across history, yes. UNC has never been that good at football in the last thirty years that they'd have a national top ten program.

But simply from the idea that they're the name university at a huge state where there really isn't a huge draw elsewhere in the state, they're going to have a big program. They're going to have money. if you're at all trying to suggest that Brown at all inherited the team...

3. Piper

Piper Guest

Univ. of Pittsburgh's "winning tradition" is stronger than UNC's. That ain't saying much.

4. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Mack was a good recruiter at UNC - no doubt.

Send a good recruiter to a University with hands down a better "football tradition" - especially in the state of Texas then I would expect his recruiting to be better... again... Mack will not win a national title...

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

he may, and he may not. He's got the horses to do it and he's a quality coach. You being mad about him leaving doesn't change who he is, just your feelings on him.

6. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Thats where you are dead wrong - its not just my feelings. You'd be better off wording it that people that know more about football than you do also think that... me well call me a lucky guess I don't care... but I'm by no means alone in that thought.

7. Piper

Piper Guest

Bottom line, Paterno wouldn't win big games at UNC.

Whether or not Brown can win it all at a big program, we will see.

8. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Take it from a tarhell fan... I doubt it. Take it from multiple board members - they doubt it.

He is a top recruiter, an average coach. I look for him to get fired from Texas in 3-4 years.

9. Sooner Dave

Sooner Dave Guest

Let me straighten out a statement made on here...

Texas does NOT play Nebraska every year. They play Oklahoma every year. They play Nebraska twice in four years (two years on, two years off) unless they meet in the Big XII title game. You only play half of the opposite division (Texas--Big XII South; Nebraska--Big XII North) each year.

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

>>Thats where you are dead wrong

Gee, there's a surprise. You think I'm wrong about how I interpret your reactionary feelings.

>> You'd be better off wording it that people that know more about football than you do also think that... me well call me a lucky guess I don't care...

Nah, I wouldn't be better off wording it that way. You want to word it that way to suggest that someone agrees with you that actually does know what he's talking about. Possibly, but that doesn't mean it has anything to do with why you think that, and that's what's at stake here, as usual. If you ever have any actual basis for anything you ever talk about, I'll be proud you made the jump into this world.

>>but I'm by no means alone in that thought.

And yet you always get so pissy whenever anyone else speaks for a group when it's against you :D

The end argument you're trying to sell is that Mack Brown has no chance of winning a national title, and your basic thought there is that you suddenly don't think he's a national championship caliber coach now that he's left Carolina. And naturally, as most things you'll fight to the death that are illogical, this has been something you've carried around for years.