1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Krispy Kreme

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

I've personally attended plenty of those bad wins.

Detroit in 2003 comes to mind. I remember thinking, "fuck this shit, I'm done."

Hate I missed out on that playoff run.

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

There's definitely a difference between saying a game was a shitty game and evaluating that shitty game, and saying "well we won a shitty game, so we might as well all go to hell". The latter is the vibe I'm catching from Panthers fans. Yes, yesterday's game was an awful football game. It was one of the worst games I've ever watched. You also cannot convince me that there's any actual progress that comes from a well-played loss. There's a graveyard full of football teams that "thought" they were heading in the right direction. Doesn't matter. It will never matter. Losing is always awful and horrible, and winning is always great. I refuse to abandon that.

3. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

The objective to collect as many W's as possible. Nothing else really matters.

4. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

This W will count the same as a pretty 42-10 W when we get to January.

Coach Micool likes this.
  5. Black&Black

There's always been this "yeah but" attitude so I'm not suggesting that's a new thing, but it's definitely getting worse with time. You know, it's probably just me. I'll be completely honest. I've sort separated myself from society like Howard Hughes, so I really shouldn't be the one to berate people. I'm no longer in touch with human emotions. It's just crazy to watch it unfold. Not only in sports but in our culture. Everything is reactionary.

I should just stick to what I'm good at, which is stretching mediocre, middle class, malcontent white wives.

Coach Micool likes this.
  6. Collin

Collin soap and water

There's a huge difference between being a nitpicky cunt looking for things to be negative about and being a realist acknowledging some depressing shit that actually happened. The game yesterday was concerning. If you're not concerned then you're being a cheerleader.

DogBoy and Coach Micool like this.
  7. Black&Black

I'm concerned, but it's eight quarters of football on a 2-0 team. I'm not going to extrapolate that into us being fucked five years from now. That's crazy.

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Lol

9. Black&Black

I could be wrong. I could be a dinosaur with my "winning is everything" bullshit. There could be a 30,000 foot view that I'm not capable of having. I just know that we've had two horrible GMs and we've been to Super Bowls under both. This idea that we're always two steps away from becoming the Browns never seems to pan out, although I guess that only has to come true once. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't.

10. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

What does being concerned accomplish?