1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kenan Stadium...

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by gottalaff, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

There was a great crowd on Homecoming a few years back when Miami was highly ranked. For whatever reason, everybody was into it right from the beginning, which is why you could feel the upset coming. Of course, then Miami lost again the next week to Clemson and ruined the feeling.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

A friend of mine was trying to get 5 together anywhere in the stadium and he hasn't had any luck. From what he's heard the place is basically sold out just people are staying away. Pretty fucking stupid to buy tickets and stay away in protest.

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I wonder if Holden Thorpe has been on the sideline.

4. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Yeah, always a difference between tickets sold and butts in seats. I can't see how this is out of protest. To many empty seats.

5. Collin

Collin soap and water

It's not out of protest, they just don't feel like showing up. Maybe if there were more 3-6pm games people would be there.

6. VA49er

Which is weird, seeing how the team is 3-0.

7. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

I don't know if protest is the right word, but I do know for a fact that a lot of the Rams Club members weren't happy with how things were handled by the university. I sat in that section during the JMU game this year and the ones that were there were talking about that more than the fucking game which is stupid.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I really don't see a starting time as a factor. I mean noon to 3pm is a wash. Unless they were to play a Va Tech or other ranked team. Tarheel fans in the past filled the stadium regardless of the starting time. I think like PSLs they had to buy the seats to keep them. This year their showing a little disgust with how things have transpired. Again it was games verses James Madison, Rutgers and UVA. Let's see what happens when it's a better matchup

9. VA49er

Maybe everyone just expected the Heels to suck. If the team keeps winning, those seats will be filled.

10. Collin

Collin soap and water

I've been to a ton of college football games, and the difference between a noon game or a 3pm game is enormous. Just getting to any stadium takes so long that to make a noon game you have to leave pretty early, which is not something a lot of people want to do on a Saturday morning. 3pm starts are so much easier to get to, at least from my experience. Plus you have time to eat lunch, meet up with people, etc. ECU does that shit right by having almost all their games be 3:30pm or 7pm.

You sure? I've been going since I was a little kid and I only remember a few occasions when it was legitimately a packed house.