1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Kalil offers ‘epic prize’ to Panthers fan

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PanthersZone, Aug 6, 2017.

1. PanthersZone

PanthersZone Junior Member

The Carolina Panthers training camp secret is out and you could win an “epic prize” according to center Ryan Kalil …

A Carolina Panthers training camp secret has finally been revealed to the public and fans can now also get in on the action. Add “commissioner” to the list of job responsibilities for center Ryan Kalil in addition to his other essential duties, including protecting quarterback Cam Newton – from himself.

Initially reported by Max Henson of the official team site, invited Panthers players participate annually in a basketball P.I.G. tournament inside the locker room during their time at training camp. Originally created by former offensive lineman Jordan Gross as a way to blend the different position groups early in the season, the tournament is going public for the first time this season.

Kalil released his two reasons for letting the Panthers fan base in on the action and they are two fold. One involves social media, as glimpses of the tournament have been posted in the past and Commissioner Kalil is getting ahead of the story by releasing it on his terms while the other is to prove the tournament can draw attention without the team’s biggest star.

Apparently Newton was allowed to participate in the past, even taking home the title in 2013, but has since withdrawn his participation after too many run-ins with Commissioner Kalil. The Panthers center even offered some support for NFL Commisioner Roger Goodell with his enforcement of rules.

Kalil has determined the 2017 tournament will be played out in the public eye. The official bracket has been released and a prize for selecting a perfect bracket is in order. Similar to the NCAA’s March Madness, Kalil is hoping to create August Absurdity.

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Copy and paste. Original

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I do copy and paste a lot and I don`t feel guilty.