1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Just so we're all on the same page

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Shrapnel, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

What exactly is it that you do? You already know that I make money covering sports and that I spend an inordinate amount of time studying them. Meanwhile you rarely ever bother to talk about sports despite posting incessantly in politics as well as R&R. Your words can say whatever you choose - you are a sophist after all - but your actions tell the story. Spare yourself the embarrassment of arguing with me and go back to playing with the infants.

2. BigVito

BigVito Splitting Headache

You nailed it precisely in your second sentence. You "study" sports. It's a academic exercise for you.

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Whoa....that's gotta burn.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

We've already covered my high school athletic history, so this is intentional dishonesty and not simply ignorance on your part. And again, how exactly do you make a living in sports? You can't really dispute the fact that you show little interest in sports on here. Your participation in this thread has been about your interest in aggravating me, not any passion for athletics.

5. BigVito

I think your factual knowledge of sports is vastly supeior to mine. I just don't think you "understand" sports as anything other than numbers and equations. You are like the college professor who can discuss dactyls and consonance, alliteration and assonance, yet never see the beauty of the poem. The world of Fantasy Sports is richer to have you involved in it.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

So you don't feel like explaining this claim you made about making a living in sports. Awesome. And you just brush right by the fact that I did play sports and certainly would have liked to continue doing so longer than my abilities allowed. Someone just interested in the stats probably wouldn't go to the Panthers' training camp, as I have every year except this last one. When's the last time you did anything to show your supposed love of sports? You don't give a shit about sports and you know it. Your posts in this thread have been about irritating me and manipulating morons. They don't even realize how you're mocking them with your insincerity. You are the most deeply cynical person on this board, which explains your tendencies toward nihilism and sophistry.

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Hey Vito, mock us morons some more. It's funny, plus it's at Collin's expense.

Now, I don't really know or care about your tendencies toward nihilism and sophistry, but you're a grown man and you can make your own decisions about what you do in the privacy of your own home. I say more power to ya.....

8. BigVito

I'm glad you attend the camp. That's admirable.

As for my love of sports, I didn't know that I claimed any undying passion for it, just a better understanding of the beauty of it than your more clinical/academic bent. You determine who is the "Champion" based on numbers while we plebians prefer to see the championship played out on the field in the top tier of college football as it is in all the other sports.

As for manipulating morons, I only consider about 3 or so folks on this board to be morons, you happen to be one of them. While I respect your intellectual capacities, you certainly don't qualify for moron status on that level, but you do seem to suffer from some form of damage that has rendered you, at least on this board, an emotional/social retard worthy more of pity than scorn.

9. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Way to ruin it for us morons, Collin :computer:

10. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

I'm not a moron, you take that back!