1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Just got back from the Whornets game

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by mathmajors, Feb 22, 2002.

1. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Fantastic game. Especially when Kobe wasn't getting his way inside - whiner. He took over in the 4th, though. The attendance was 24,000+, but from the outset it seemed to favor the Lakers.

Brush With Greatness I: Steve Beurlein passed within about 5 feet of me as he made his way to the concourse. When he came back down, I got a great look at the hottie with whom he was walking.

Brush with Greatness II: David Thompson also went down the aisle. I know you might expect to see him there, since he works for the Hornets and all, but I'm an NCSU grad.

I also saw GerryV almost get whacked with the blimp. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, except when he gets wound up on the board.

2. Just finished watching the game (tape delay for the West Coast). Damn. Pretty good game, tho. That non-call on the over-the back by Shaq on Campbell was a toughie, but they sorta made it up on the Horry "foul" on PJ.

Damn.

Thought we were gonna pull it out. Too bad we froze up our offense in the last couple minutes. I guess the Zone was confusing them.

3. Oh yeah, wasn't I just saying how Lynch has a tendency to miss easy baskets? I counted three tonight.

4. SandMan

SandMan Guest

It seems greatness aint what it used to be... thought Stevie Boy was married, was that his wife with him?

PS(hook line and sinker)

5. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

I wonder if SB is in Charlotte to talk to Fox?:p

6. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

I don't think SB was in Charlotte to talk to F. I think he was here to talk to P.

7. As a long-time Lakers fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the game--especially the last shot. The non call on Shaq could have also been a make up call for the offensive fould called on Kobe a bit earlier on the fast break. Baron was obviously not set.

To see the Lakers next season, will it be an easier drive to Atlanta or DC?

8. Not to get into niggling over calls and non-calls, but Baron was as set as Lindsey Hunter was -- heck, even more so. Lindsey was even to the side of Baron and got the call. Kobe faked right then went left, Baron just went left and got there first...

The non-shooting call on Kobe earlier was pretty bogus, tho. He was clearly going to shoot the ball when Lynch clobbered him.