1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Just a couple Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by WMeckBaseball8, Oct 6, 2008.

1. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

First off, even if we all know, we looked great on all aspects yesterday. Great football game to watch as a Panther fan. Deangelo made a statement yesterday also.

I have a couple thoughts though...

First, it's great to see Julius Peppers playing well but something I've really noticed is that he is becoming a leader vocally and by his play.

-From the Observer - "That's really the goal every week, a shutout," said defensive end Julius peppers who recorded a sack for the third straight game and forced a fumble. "Of course it doesn't happen but once every couple of years, unless you're the '85 Bears. That's something you strive for, and to finally get one feels great."

I don't ever remember him being as vocal as he's been the past couple weeks to the Observer, I could be wrong but it seems like he's coming into his own as a captain.

And secondly, don't you think we'd have sweet uniforms if we wore black pants with a teal stripe to go with our black jerseys? I know we wore white this year but I've been meaning to ask that. I think it's put our uni's up there with some of the best. Just a couple thoughts...

2. blackcatfan

blackcatfan Full Access Member

KC is near the bottom of the league in rushing D. What kind of statement do you make by running on a team that everybody is able to run on?

And Secondly, as long as we don't get an Owens Corning sponsorship to change colors.

[​IMG]

3. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

And teal is the Jags color not ours. We're electric blue.

4. WMeckBaseball8

WMeckBaseball8 W. Meck Indian (Not Hawk)

Yeah, KC is one of the league's worst, if not the worst but it still says something to me. Didn't really expect these types of responses, but I was just making a little point and that is that DeAngelo looked good yesterday, ran hard, blocked well enough, and got open on a nice TD catch. Teal, electric blue, you know what I mean.

And secondly, if KC was that bad, and Stewart has been claimed as better than Williams, Stewart would have had the numbers Williams had....Williams just ran hard yesterday and took advantage of the things he should have.

5. JJT

JJT Full Access Member

Let's send a petition to Mark Richardson.

He needs something to do.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

Williams and Stewart are different runners, so they'll look better against different teams. I too was happy for DW, as a lot of fans seem to have forgotten him already. Good game all around. And as for the uniforms, the only change I'd make is to make the electric blue the standard and white the alternate.

7. Sackem90

Sackem90 Misplaced Panthers Fan

No, he's too busy chasing the Top Cats!

8. CelticCat

CelticCat ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Agreed.

Dont care much for the black pants to be honest. They look really weird on the Saints, Ravens and Jags. Makes the players look like they are wearing liotards, their legs and ankles just look really skinny in them.

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

It's almost an annual thing among the fans. Get a new running back who shows flashes and everyone wants to dump the "over paid" veteran and sign some cheap average back up. I'm not sure what's wrong with having two good running backs - especially when we WANT to be a running team.

10. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Black pants might be a good option down the line, just as an occasional change-up. I could deal with an all-black look for a night game, I think that would be cool.