1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Its official, Davis to UNC

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Franchise, Nov 8, 2006.

1. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

And our offense hasn't done jack since he left, either. :barf:

If Davis doesn't want him, Fresno will welcome him back with open arms and rose petals at his feet.

2. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

damn dude, good fucknig work. Now you got me interested. I know this probably isn't yours since there's some unattached notation, but still, helpful.

It would be odd with Coker coming back under Davis, but that'd be a good move for y'all if it happened. You wouldn't be able to put Coker under Cignetti, most likely, but you might be able to pull off Logan as Asst HC/QBs coach under Cignetti. Coker would be a coordinator and
    Cignetti would be a good guy to keep, sure. Which brings up an interesting point - who else to keep? I hear Browning has a ton of tenure and is a good recruiter. Thigpen is an alum and seems to have done allright, but I don't know if he's got the weighty resume needed.

Getting a guy like George Edwards would necessitate making him DC. A pro-background DC with a strong college OC tends to be a great mix for a program.

as an aside, John Settle was the first football player I ever met. He has some background with Cignetti.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  4. THE GUTTER

THE GUTTER Y!

um, it still isn't official.

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

But it will be. You just wait and see.

6. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Yeah can't claim credit, but in all honesty, where I got it from didn't explain the notation either... can't for the life of me figure it out. LOL

As I said, I don't expect Cignetti to stay on as OC. QBs coach, possibly, but the Offense has been bad the year and poorly planned to fit personnel. Top two guys I'd like to see considered for OC are Logan and Chudzinski. I don't expect Coker, though I'd like it, but I expect him to possibly take a year off before coaching again.

I've heard Davis will be keeping 3, but as to what 3 I've heard mixed results. Brock (because of his recruiting NOT his coaching), Cignetti (because of what he did at Fresno St.), Thigpen, and Browning. If the three number is correct one of those guys doesn't make it. Not sure who though. Frankly I'm leaning towards Cignetti getting axed, because I hear he may have been one of UNC's biggest problems in being inflexible in altering his offense to fit the players.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

The play-calling has been fine, it's the QBs who sucked balls.

8. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

is this official yet?

9. Clay

Clay Full Access Member

Charlotte Observer says it is

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Coaches don't often take a step down/reassignment unless they were promoted interim or are just incredibly loyal. A one year OC who was coming in hot would consider staying, but probably would not consider demotion just so he doesn't have to move. Getting Coker would trump him, I'd have to guess, but I don't know that Logan would.

I don't honestly expect that a rumor that loose is rock-hard on the number of coaches kept. For one, it would most likely bear on who Davis felt he could get at that position to begin with.