1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Issues

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I think it's part of the give/take of a vertical passing game. By the time Cam is in trouble, the receivers still have their back to the QB. It's not like the Saints scheme where WRs are constantly adjusting their routes and are often within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I get you.

But after four seconds of him not being in trouble yet, somebody should be looking back at him instead of running further than he throws the ball.

Even with a 'vertical passing game', there should be a dumpoff and intermediate routs.

He should look for those many times once he rules out the downfield rout(s) are not open. And if he goes downfield like that, throw the dang wr open.

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

That's not really how deep routes work, though. If you're running an 8 route or 9 route, you run to the post or you run the fly pattern. If it's not open, Cam needs to run the ball or check it down in those situations.

Coach Micool likes this.
  4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

I got it. But 2/3 wrs, a back and te aren't all running 8 or 9 routes.

I agree with what he needs to do. We've been saying that for quite a while.

Bottom line though, aside for the 2 fumbles and shitty d, cam wasn't the biggest problem yesterday, by any means. It would be nice though, if the O could bail us out when shit happens.