1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Iowa and USC...other stuff

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by McFly41, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Piper

Piper Guest

That guy had to feel just terrible. Tripped over some grass and fumbled. Still, the coach is the one who went stupid and called a bootleg when three straight dives and a punt would have probably done the trick.

I'll admit. We had lucky orange leprechans that year.

2. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

I've never seen one play have more significance in college football, EVER! Stoerner doesnt fumble, UT never even makes it the SECCG much less the NCG. Who knows what would have happened.

3. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I wasn't refering to him coming to Carolina, I want Palmer! I was talking about the Heisman. I'd say he's the only college FB player that has elevated his team to another level.
    Dorsey is just Gino Toretta V, Miami QB's are like Friday the 13th sequels to me. I've seen them and they are all the same.
    Palmer had a rough start, but has steadily climbed.
    Leftwich is the only player I would but on the same level. Steady, consistent, worthy, but the injury will set him back.
    McGahee is worthy, but not more than Brown or Johnson.
    Johnson improved his position today with 327 yards. P-S-U, P-S-U, P-S-U!
    Brown slipped today by fumbling twice. Is this a common thing, cuz the announcers didn't make abig deal of it. Chances are they'll try to say his ribs were injured before the fumbles, but they weren't. Both were before the injury. They took him out of the game immediately.

Banks, IMO, has been the biggest impact player in college FB. More consistent than any other player and directy has dictated the Hawks W-L record. They might not be the best Iowa team ever, but they are damn close and better than OSU...easily. Iowa can play with anyone, anyone can play with OSU!
    OSU and Miami in the National Championship? I think I'll see if I can put in some OT that night! Then again, OSU WILL lose to Michigan next week, so what am I worried about. It's probably going to be Miami and OU or Wash St. for the title. If that happens, we could see USC and Iowa in the Rose. THAT would be a game destined for ESPN Classic.

4. Piper

Piper Guest

Dorsey will win if he wins out. It's all about marketing, what name is going to sell more newspapers.

5. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

6. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

And in that lies what SUCKS about the Heisman Trophy. It's become more about $$$ than recognition.

Banks is pretty laid back, quiet, shy. Never heard a word from Palmer. Brown ran well tonight, but slipped bue to Biakabutukitis.
    Larry Johnson is the only guy I can see really making a move, and we all know how Marketable a Joe Paterno coached player is, the media LOVES Jo-Pa!

Name three Heisman winners in the last ten years that are worth a shit today?

7. Piper

Piper Guest

1. Eddie George
    2. Charles Woodson
    3. Ricky Williams

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    being the best college player and being the best pro prospect are obviously different things.

9. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

***1. Eddie George***
    2. Charles Woodson
    ***3. Ricky Williams***

Guess I should have said 4? You get the point though.

***being the best college player and being the best pro prospect are obviously different things.***

Before 1990, that wasn't so much the case. The Heisman Trophy has become a bit of a joke, IMO. Too much emphasis put on promotion, why not let the game speak for itself.
    Instead of self promoting media hogs looking to sell papers, the award should be decided by the players and coaches. The greatest individual honor in college FB should be decided by those that actually take part in the action and know first hand.
    Now it's liek a fucking Presidential campaign.