1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

If Moose leaves...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by The Cat, Jan 23, 2005.

1. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

How do you draft?

I think unless for some reason Williams or Edwards falls, we still need to go with a Tackle 1st and a WR 2nd because if Smitty or Cobert goes down we'd be SOL. With a strong Tackle we'd still have improved the run game.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/wr/larrybrackins.html

I guess I could see our war room making a second day move on a kid like this. He’s got all the physical tools – same size and speed as Mike Williams but he’s extremely raw and would not be the answer for the gapping hole Moose would leave in ’05. Aside from trading up for a guy like Edwards or possibly burning our 2nd rounder on Roddy White (or Troy Williamson maybe) we would be drafting a “down the road" guy anyway so a free agent would be an absolute must and since we won’t have a lot of spending power we would not land the type of high quality guy that Moose has been (and would continue to be). We’re talkin’ a JJ Stokes type guy and a rook that would not have close to the immediate impact of a Colbert.

IN OTHER WORDS – Let’s do whatever has to be done (within reason) to keep Moose from leaving:xyzthumbs

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  3. The Cat

The Cat Full Access Member

I could see picking a kid like that. Big, atheletic and not too bright. We'll just send him over the middle all the time where Jake could throw some high balls to him.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I know we need the height, if we lose Moose, but I don't see them necessarily seeking out the size of a Moose. We seem to have missed that RAC ability last year with Smitty gone, and that will probably be something they'll seek from a slot WR, too. Good blocking is a good way to go, and that'd be great to have in a young guy, but I don't see tall/RAC/blocks in a whole lot of players. Last year all I can think of is Clayton.

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

cough - J.R Russell - cough

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    :banana:

This is what ends up mattering. As a matter of fact, the offseason revolves 100% around this choice. If not bringing him back, how you replace that large a figure in the franchise.

7. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

\

I agree, Mags. We really don't need to be active in free agency because of all theh guys coming back from IR. There really isn't an excuse why we shouldn't be able to pay the man, that is unless he wants to leave(he's already said he wants to finish his career as a Panther). I would be sorely dissapointed if the front office can't get this deal done. I'll be even more dissapointed if we let him go so we can sign more RB's and LB's.

8. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

We finished up the season with 22 players not under contract for next season. They better get active.

9. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I'd have to think that a lot of those 22 guys are gone or expendable anyway. There are no excuses, pay the man.

10. HAVEPSL

HAVEPSL Full Access Member

You still have to fill those roster spots.