1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

I need a good steak marinade

Discussion in 'Food & Drink Forum' started by canesin4, Aug 24, 2018.

1. canesin4

canesin4 Notable member

Something different. Can anybody help me out?

2. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Full Access Member

Nothing available in canada, sorry.

If you need more than salt, pepper, garlic & butter (or olive oil), you need a better cut of meat.

I know you have good cuts of USDA prime Canadian Black Angus. It's what I have in my pasture.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Big Red likes this.
  3. canesin4

canesin4 Notable member

OK

4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Full Access Member

Seriously, take your meat out of the fridge and swab it with olive oil, drench it with fresh ground black pepper, salt and minced garlic on both sides, and let it sit like that on the counter for a hour or so and let it assume room temp for sure.

Grill it or pan sear it till you like it, then let rest for 15 mins. Coat it with butter and minced garlic and throw it in a hot pan (whether you grilled it before or not) and sear it again for about 30 secs to 1 min per side. That will also create a good caramelization of the outside, which will make it even more tasty.

You can do the same with a thick cut of pork loin medallions too. I like Stubbs pork marinade on pork if I use one.

I don't buy anything for a steak marinade. Although food lion makes a house brand of steakhouse marinade which is pretty good for spreading on steak kabobs along with all the other stuff on the kabobs like peppers, onions, etc.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Big Red likes this.