1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HURNEY FIRED

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Blue_, Oct 22, 2012.

1. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Preach it.

And don't forget about Underwood's 2 years. And signing Chandler to a multi year deal. He failed, so far, at "putting the proper value on the player".

I admit I hate the ************ for (spitefully) robbing us of Smitty's greatness and signing Harper right behind it, and will talk bad about him at any opportunity but he's made it easy with his construction of the '14 team.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Belichick is cold, but he's professional. Gettleman could have come to Smith and Gross and Stewart and Beason explaining the situation and asking them to work with him to create a reasonable compromise. He didn't. He approached every single one of those situations as if it was a pissing contest where he needed to prove that he had all the power. In every one of those cases he needlessly alienated the player and some of their teammates by throwing around callous ultimatums. It's an ego thing for the fat man. He's waited a long time to be a general manager and he's going to make sure all the players know who is boss.

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Belichick also knows how to find bargain players, even though he does miss badly on big free agents.

I still can't find anything comparable to cutting a player like Steve Smith. The closest I can think of is McDaniels trading away all of his good players in Denver.

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

In line with what B&B said earlier one of Gettlemans flaws is he doesn't evaluate talent as well as he should. I don't know so bare with me. Is he just not listening to the scouting department? Are the scouts giving him crap info? I agree Belichick is cold but most of the moves worked. From everything I've read Brady was pissed over losing Mankins but Belichick has done that to vets over 30 several times.

6. Black&Black

The rest of the front office worked under Hurney, so I doubt they would be much of a help (by the way, I believe that was mostly because nobody who knew Gettleman wanted to come work for an asshole, as much as it was Gettleman wanting to keep "continuity"). Gettleman makes all of the personnel decisions. He was touted as a legitimate personnel guy, unlike Hurney. So there's no fucking excuse for the massive shit that he took during the offseason. We - WE - all of us, knew how stupid all of that shit was and it's all come to fruition. Roman Harper is a washed-up old geezer who can't cover a mannequin. Thomas DeCoud is a matador. Charles Godrey was an unmitigated disaster at nickelback. Kony Ealy is, at best, a two to three year project. Byron Bell is worse at left tackle than he was at right tackle, where he was among the worst in the league annually. The cornerback position was inadequately addressed. His only "win" appears to be the Benjamin pick, but that's greatly offset by the mindless decision to release Steve Smith - a player Gettleman identified as a liability who is now having a dominant season in Baltimore.

He fucking sucks ass. Is he better than Hurney? Barely, and Hurney really, really, really fucking sucked, so that's nothing to celebrate.

7. Black&Black

I hate our safeties so fucking bad. It's bad enough that I spent the better part of the last decade cheering against both of them. That would make it hard enough to accept them even if they were playing great. But they're both fucking horrendous now.

Hey, need a couple of safeties? Just go scoop up the menopausal sloppy seconds of the other NFC South GMs.

8. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

[​IMG]

9. Abusive

Abusive Fuck yo blanket

Steve Wilks is a better man than me.

Christ, I hate Roman Harper. And that other fucker.

10. Black&Black

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014