1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

How much do goalposts cost?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by Tiorted Snoil, Nov 27, 2002.

1. seems a lot goes into defending those things at the end of games lately. It's probably more dangerous for the cops and secuity guards that get trampled than the drunks that climb up on them. Seems like it would be better to let the drunks take them down then try some futile attempt to hold them off.

I read somewhere where they suggested electrifying them...kinda like an electric fence. that'd be funny to watch.

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    About $5000

3. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Start charging for damages to people involved. People are warned that entering the field is trespassing. Pretty stupid 'tradition' anyway.

4. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

They should either make them out of iron or nerf.

5. K-State has "unbreakable" ones that cost I believe $10,000 a piece or maybe for the set. They aren't suppose to come down, but I believe in either 1998 or 2000 one came down after we beat Nebraska. The company came to Manhattan to check out how it came down and actually replaced it for free. I'll do some more research on it when I get a chance.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    probably came up out of the ground after enough pressure's on it. I dunno what kind of idiot it takes to go up and hang on the side posts up top but those guys are pretty vital.

7. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

State is selling 1-foot sections for $103. Hmmmmm.

8. Here is what I could come up with regarding our goalposts at K-State. Looks like they cost the University $29,000 for the set and that would have been back in 1998. Funny how there wasn't even anyone that attempted to take the goalposts down after we beat them this year.

9. K-State sold pieces of the old turf when we got new stuff before this season. I got a piece with the Powercat stamped on it and then it was attached to a nice plaque with the history of K-State football when that turf was down.