1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hey Magnus

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by WYDD, Jun 30, 2008.

1. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

If you were going to see DMB tomorrow nite in charlotte, you won't get to see Leroi Moore. I know you're a sax guy. Dude had an atv accident and is in serious condition.

2. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

death traps

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    saw that. sucks for him, get well soon, all that.

Jeff Coffin is filling in, and Coffin > Roi. I'm hating myself for not going. Big trip next day though.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

5. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

[​IMG]

6. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

kinda crazy. read about this about 3 o clock in the morning the morning after the news had broken. sitting in the hospital waiting on my newborn son to wake up to be fed. kinda put into perspective the whole circle of life type of thing.

we named him carter. kinda crazy. not after carter beauford, but still kinda ironic i guess.

7. Piper

Piper phishin member

Friday nights show was good. Played lots of new stuff. Mentioned Leroi only once, saying he liked Eh Hee, but the setlist said more. Started off with Bartender, a Leroi showcase. Tim Reynolds showed up as a special guest, and that's always a treat.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

i listened to the show the day he died. Was tough hearing Dave talk about it. I have no idea how they could play a show that same day.

Tim's been playing with them all tour. Start of the year Butch Taylor quit the band which I didn't know until Leroi got hurt. I haven't been paying attention.

Coffin's so much better, I hate to say, but that was never really in question. The thing is, Leroi was getting stale. I don't like the trumpet player that much either, it's good for layers but I don't care to hear him solo really.

Dunno. Probably the end of them long term, or the long term change of how they do things, i.e. they become a rock band, get rid of the other soloists and just do the rhythm section + Tim (not that unlike Dave and Friends I guess in theory) and do that type thing for a few years until they're too old.

Which sucks. they were one of the first popular bands I actually liked, and it was awesome seeing a fat guy playing the baritone saxophone on MTV when I was fat and starting to play the bari in early HS. That's pretty neat, and changed my life. I started putting effort into things, started playing worth a damn. Got into real music, played in a band, fucked some strange, met a wife, moved, settled down. Listened to a fuckload of music in the meantime, most of which I found through this band. I don't really listen to them much anymore but fuck if it didn't hurt to see a guy who helped me get by be the one to fall.

also, it's weird that they played Bartender so much since he died, and intermix it with songs like Cornbread about pussy eating.