1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Go Panthers!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by LarryD, Feb 6, 2002.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

Can't wait for the draft talk.

2. Old Coot

Old Coot Guest

:D :D :D

Makes the new season look exciting doesn't it ??

An Old Coot think so.........................

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ricky Williams

Who would give up our second rounder and Moose for Ricky Williams? Count me in for dat! I say we make the offer. This would be a totally different team with RW in the backfield.

4. LarryD

anfter hearing turley and horn talk about ricky williams, i wouldnt touch him. they basically said he's a headcase and not worth the trouble. he's definately NOT a team player.

after seeing what the pats did theis season, and how they did it, give me 50 selfless guys and i'll take my chances with a coach that can get them pumped up.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Different Strokes

RW has a disorder which is basically extreme shyness. A lot of times mistaken as cockiness by some. Maybe that has something to do with it.

The Sporting News is charging around $25 bucks for their Draft coverage. That stinks. Sets a bad precident - although ESPN has been charging for Mel Kiper info as well (insiders only). Makes me want to start an ultimate NFL draft site for the folks that are keep'n it real! :D

6. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Do we really want to trust Turley and Horn for character evaluations? On the other hand, would the Saints take a 'decoy'?

7. Jefale

Jefale Guest

I think the pats have proven without a doubt that a team of average players with heart can beat a "super star" or two when it counts. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a "name brand" athelete or two on our team and the pats did have a couple BUT if the team plays together with a purpose the added "super star" would be just icing on the cake. In short...dont sacrafice quantity with heart for 1 "quality" player

8. SemperFi

SemperFi Full Access Member

The play of a second year QB helped a lot too, no mistakes. I hope Weinke plays that well next year, he can with a solid training camp and fully recovered shoulder. I'm not looking to the playoffs or anything, just want to see a solid team on the field that wins SOME of the close ones.

9. Jefale

Jefale Guest

Well said SF....
    I think we all should try to be patient while the new "coaches" and team try to put a product on the field that works well as a unit. I think we have the nucleus of a good team...just need to get rid of some of the "money drainers" that feel WE owe THEM and build with a young, solid,. want to win at all cost.group. It will take time but I for one will be here to support them.

10. LarryD

this was nearly two years ago, to the day.

hiya, chuck!