1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by wossa, Apr 18, 2011.

1. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Pretty damn good. A few slow spots but overall it was very good. They picked good ones to play the Lannisters.

2. El Bastardo

El Bastardo Who me?

Except Cersei looks 10 years older than Jaime. Dinklage is good as Tyrion. First ep was as good as expected.

3. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

I thought both Lannisters looked older than I imagined.
    Wonder why they changed "The others" into "the White Walkers" ? (Maybe because of that "Lost" crap ?)
    Anyway, here's to more HBO nudity !

4. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

HBO announced today they were picking up the 2nd season.

Premier must have exceeded their expectations.

5. jge1968

jge1968 Full Access Member

Hopefully they will keep picking it up and it will light a fire under Martin's ass.

6. wossa

Well if that book release date of July is valid we won't have to wait long. That date makes sense too. There will be a lot of buzz when the first season of the show ends and will get a lot of people buying his books.

7. jge1968

jge1968 Full Access Member

How old they looked didn't bother me so much, they are supposed to be in their mid thirties. The actress that plays Cersei is 37 and the actor that plays Jaime is 40. Not that big of a deal.

The thing that kind of irritated me was that Cersei is supposed to be this stunning beauty. Lena Headey is pretty, however, she is not stunningly so and she doesn't look very good as a blonde. The first prostitute we saw was better looking, as was the actresses that play Sansa and Daenerys.

Great point.

The bad thing is that a lot of people are going to be brought into the series and then sorely disappointed when they have to wait years for the sixth book and even more years for the seventh.

I was reading A Game of Thrones when I found out my wife was pregnant with our first child. He turned 13 a few months ago.

8. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

I missed the 1st episode, but I imagine if Martin actually releases the 5th book, and HBO continues the series with 1 season a year, he'll have 5 years to complete the 6th book and 6 to complete the 7th. Even if he doesn't, and the series is successful, the TV writers will have come up with the 6th and 7th seasons, or I hope. I may be dead before Martin finishes it. I think he'll be happy to finish the 5th book and let the TV people complete it. Look forward to actually watching it next week so I can decide if I even wanna watch or not. Probably so, but if it gets too far off track I may lose interest.

9. Fro

Fro FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

I don't know shit about the books, the author looks like a huge D&D nerd (virgin is implied), holy shit the series so far is awesome.

10. wossa

The series has been great. As a huge fan of the books you always wonder how they can translate it to TV but so far it is right on the mark. Martin goes into great detail explaining characters and their motivations and history. That won't translate well to TV but they seem to be keeping the story moving on track.

It will just keep getting better since all hell will be breaking loose soon.