1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Four Tar Heels mulling turning pro

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Thelt, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Four Tar Heels mulling turning pro
    ESPN.com news services

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina has called a news conference for Wednesday afternoon to announce the plans of junior Rashad McCants. He's expected to enter the NBA draft after helping the Tar Heels win their fourth national championship last week.

Rashad McCants
    McCants

"I think Rashad told people [the night Carolina won the title] he was going to go; we had that discussion as early as first of the semester, as early as January, knowing at that time it was probably going to happen," North Carolina coach Roy Williams said at a news conference in St. Louis, where he accepted the national championship trophy last week.

Three other Tar Heels were mum when asked whether they will return to Chapel Hill. Raymond Felton said he had made a decision but wasn't ready to announce it. Sean May wouldn't commit to returning after previously saying he planned to be back for his senior season. And freshman Marvin Williams said he would spend the next week to ten days gathering information on the his draft prospects.

North Carolina is definitely losing seniors Jawad Williams, Jackie Manuel and Melvin Scott.

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

I truly enjoy how the UNC guys mulling over going pro are getting all the attention by the dookies, but they neglect to mention that Sheldon is also looking into it.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I would not be surprised at all if Sheldon goes.

4. Guest

Guest Full Access Member

He's more ready than McCants or Williams....reason I say McCants is because I see him being a bust.....Williams will be good...but not for a couple years....Sheldon can play pro right now as a servicable 15-25 minute a game guy....6th or 7th man type.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I could see Sheldon being a decent pro in the Elton Brand or Carlos Boozer tradition. Unlike the Carolina guys he has not won a championship and may have that as a reason to return. I would not blame him if he did go though.

6. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

Shelden will never be a star in the NBA, but he will make one hell of a six man.

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

i said earlier that i would expect them to go pro if they won the title. i dont blame them at all. they brought home the trophy to carolina, one-upped dook, beat the top 3 big ten teams along the way including everybody's darling Illinois.......more power to them.

8. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

wow

all this is news to me

9. KrisJenkins77

KrisJenkins77 Yes. Yes I was driving.

Once again I challenge you to find where SHELDON said he might declare for the draft. I dont give a shit what some "expert" at ESPN says.

10. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Well then no UNC players are considering it either if that's what you're basing your opinion on. That's a retarded ass argument you have there.