1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Four (or more) undefeated . . .

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by rake, Oct 10, 2010.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

prior to this years bowl games IMO is likely IMO

In my lifetime (since mid 60s) there have only been 4 undefeated teams once ('69). In 2004 USC, Auburn, and Utah all went undefeated and that's the most since. This year there could easily be 4, and possibly more with Oh St, Ore, Boise, Okl and MSU all having relatively easy remaining schedules. TCU, Utah, and AF, could all easily drop one, but one should prevail. Nev should lose to Boise but if not they have nothing keeping them from a no loss season. Neb looks strong enough to win out with their schedule (including big 12 championship game). If I was a betting man I'd put money down on at least 4 undefeated teams.

Oregon
    Boise St
    MSU
    Nebraska
    TCU

Would be my current picks for undefeated prior to bowls

2. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

I don't think Nebraska will go undefeated and Oregon might stumble too. You don't have Ohio State in the list, I don't see them losing.

3. rake

rake Need one of these

Ohio State will either lose at Wis or Iowa. Nebraska's nasty D is more than enough to stop Oklahoma St and they can handle Texas and Mizzou this year too. The way Oregon is rolling I don't see a stumbling block on their schedule except for maybe @ Oregon St thier final game, but I see Oregon winning that one too.

4. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

The BCS folks are hoping there's 4 unbeaten teams. They don't want to see a title game between Ohio State & Boise. I think Ohio State goes unbeaten along with Boise & TCU. The Big 12 & SEC teams will probadly knock each other off along the way, and I think Oregon loses at least once. I wouldn't be surprised to see a once-beaten Alabama team play Ohio State for the title.

5. karlrocket

Nebraska & Ohio State go down!

So I guess we're all wrong.

6. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Oklahoma is in the drivers seat, if they win out they will get a shot at the horseshit called the BCS title.

7. rake

rake Need one of these

Aub still has to play @ bama and in the GA dome against the dangerous cocks. Ore, TCU, and Boise are going 12 - 0. Assuming Aub loses one of the above it's going to be the ducks vs TCU or Boise for the national championship. Kinda sucks since Aub, LSU and bama are all better than TCU or Boise. . . probably better than Ore too.

So when will they add "add one"??? This year it would be a little like . . . have the Fiesta and the Sugar host games between the top 4 teams. At this point it would be #1 Ore vs #4 Boise and #2 Aub vs #3 TCU. Then the two winners play in the BCS championship game (held the following week as usual). Depending on each years top 4 the two biggest games might be hosted by the Rose or Orange . . . depending.

As for the frickin cash, have the 8 teams divide the 85 mil in payouts for the BCS bowls 10 ways (so the BCS championship teams would get double shares).

8. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Interestingly enough, I saw on one of the ESPN shows today that Vegas favors TCU over everyone, then Oregon, then Boise, with Auburn last.

9. karlrocket

Auburn @ Alabama today:

Good game.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  10. karlrocket

Bama blows a 24 point lead.:thud: