1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Finally a QB...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SandMan, Apr 21, 2002.

1. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Well he could be our best shot back at the playoffs since Collins...

Don't know why we like to draft injury prone players... but he has more upside than any QB in house... wonder if he will make the team?

From ESPN:

Positives: Excellent size. Looks like a linebacker or tight end. Very good all-around athletic ability and strength for a quarterback. Can buy time with his feet and improvise and is very hard to sack. :aok: Has an excellent combination of size, power, speed and elusiveness for a passing quarterback. Has run the pro 20-yard agility drill in under 4.0 seconds, which is excellent for a player at any position, and he can bench-press 375 pounds. Has good arm strength (but not a gun like Borchard) and upside potential. As a passer, Fasani can make all the throws. After coming back from his knee injury at the end of the 2001 season, his throwing was out of sync vs. Notre Dame. But Fasani won the game with his running ability and toughness. After senior season, he was very impressive throwing the ball in the East-West Shrine game and showed good touch. All his injuries have been legitimate injuries, and despite all the adversity, setbacks and lack of playing time at quarterback, Fasani never transferred or quit.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

You didn't list the whole profile.

3. Piper

Piper Guest

I get it.

You just like starting trouble. You skunk you.

He's a nice LONG TERM PROSPECT. To develop.

But he's not a consistent winner now. He hasn't even been able to stay healthy, or keep his job in college consistently.

Displayed none of the things YOU SAY you expect from a QB on a consistent basis.

Trouble maker.

:evil3:

And about Peppers. Told ya so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

Drafting him tells me Fox is sold on Weinke. If he wasn't, he would have looked harder at FA and not drafted a QB at all. In 3 or 4 years, we could have a QB controversy on our hands, but until then, I think were set.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Fasani couldn't beat out a soul in Stanford. He got to start by attrition. He's got tools, but he can't use them play in and play out.

Saying that a fifth round pick with somewhat questionable skills is "our best chance to get to the playoffs since Collins" is simply an inflammatory statement.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Guest

This all sounds familar

Another target for Sandman to focus in on as our "savior" to rescue us from Weinke. Been there, heard that. Time for another :beer: and forget about it

7. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Kinda like ole Bline I guess huh... Collins stays straight, we never see ole #7....

And you boys are trying to position me in a way that suits your fancy... So I must continue to set the record straight on this whole QB deal.

FACT: I said he would never bring us a winning season and he never did - Bline, the career loser.

FACT: I have always thought Wienke was over rated because of the meat he had to back him at FSU. Some experts thought he may be the next Charlie Ward come draft weekend. Aside from that, I gave Wienke credit early on for having poise and confidence on the field. I even think he is better than Bline ever was... on the field of play when it comes to poise. The only thing holding me back on this guy is can he be the type leader to not screw things up, kinda like a Dilfer...

FACT: This new QB, make it or not has something Wienke or Bline lacked, Intangibles...

Oh and Piper, the fact that you told me so about Peppers has the same effect it did when my neighbors wife said the Panthers would pick up Peppers... she only read it in every major publication on the east coast... :rolleyes:

Bottom line, I will give Wienke more support than I gave Bline... right now I am working off of an "I think" on Wienke... With Steve, it was an "I know"...

8. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

I find it very hard to believe one person can read read every publication in the east coast, and if that's been your source all this time, it sure explains a lot.:D

9. SandMan

SandMan Guest

Damn you lost that one...

The point was, all these guys that stood up and said yea, Peppers will be the number 2 pick holds as much thought as saying its going to rain today - when it is already raining... :rolleyes:

10. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

Yes but I'm laughing really hard right now, and that was my goal.:laugh2: