1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Family room looks boring.

Discussion in 'Home Improvement & DIY Forum' started by smithmiller6, May 3, 2010.

1. smithmiller6

smithmiller6 Junior Member

[FONT=&quot]I am running a Home daycare part time and a SAHM of two girls. We all love to hang out in the family room. This room in turn looks BORING! I don’t have enough storage for toys and I can not find a spot I like the furniture to make it roomy enough but also close enough for the hubby to watch his some what small TV, as well as well as when we have company this holiday season enough room for conversation. So many things I want, is it doable?? I have a Chair and a half and a couch as well as a small Child’s chair in all in denim.

The room is a large square right off the open kitchen and the house is not even a year old it has a recast area where I guess you would build shelving for home entertainment?? A HUGE slider that needs drapes BAD but is to tall I have to custom order them. And a bar area from the kitchen in my eyes could double as more seating I have a large amount of ppl over.

I do not have much cash to spend just want to get that great flow before the flow of people coming over for the holidays increases

[/FONT]

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I'd say start by getting rid of that half chair. :twocents:

3. georgelopez66

georgelopez66 Junior Member

Do you have a great room floor plan? Is there only one living space?

We have play stands for our kids, which double as a play space, like a house and also toy storage. They are beautiful, instead of intrusive and ugly too and warn, because they are wood. Our kids love them. We bought ours on Ebay two years ago. Magic Cabin also sells them, and you can search online for other places as well. I think they would be a good investment.

Also, have you seen those huge, padded, square ottomans, with storage inside? One of those could serve many purposes.

4. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

What holidays?? Christmas is a long way off.

I hope your car goes off a cliff into the ocean, with you in it. :behead:

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I had this same problem we had a rhombus-shaped family room with a couch, half a loveseat and two thirds of an ottoman all upholstered in houndstooth wool there is an archway leading to the kitchen and just to the left of that is a recessed area that could be converted into a bookcase but there is still little room for large gatherings unless we allow for people to spill into our octagon-shaped dining room which has a large table, five chairs and half a bench but the window is so large that the venetian blinds only cover about three-quarters of the opening so I set my stuffed wombat on the sill to block out the sunlight and/or keep nosy neighbors from looking in I am low on cash I just need to spend enough to buy four bear traps, a toilet plunger and a can of crisco help I need some fucking help right now please.

6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Whoever it was that said there is no use in having a stuffed wombat sure looks like a fool now.

7. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

[​IMG]

8. genesis

genesis asleep at the wheel

8 cats, a ps3 and flat screen is all I needed!

9. cindydietrich

cindydietrich Junior Member

If you want to improve the look and feel of your family house you can find many home decor ideas on the internet. You can also find many forums regarding to that. If you need more help then you can look at the blog of Rugsandblinds.com.