1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Fall off the Bone baby back ribs

Discussion in 'Food & Drink Forum' started by WYDD, Jan 24, 2007.

1. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

Somebody give me a good recipe. I tried a recipe tonight for a bourbon type sauce and it wasn't very good. I just want some good bbq ribs off the grill.

timfa

2. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

ketchup
    mustard
    chili pepper
    worchestershire
    sugar
    etc
    etc

or just buy some already made.....

take the skin layer off the back of the rack and clean the bones so no skin/meat is on the front and back. rub with whatever you like. i just use salt and pepper. I cut the rack in half, and put in disposable tin pan, about two inches of water at the bottom, cover with foil and bake/steam at 250 for 3 hours.

take rack out, turn the heat up in the oven to 400, drain water from pan smother racks with bbq sauce, put them back in the pan and oven for another 15 minutes. :drool:

you could finish them on a grill...but they are going to literally be falling off the bone and may be hard to handle multiple times.

prepping the rack and cleaning the bones of that thin layer of skin before any cooking/smoking gets done is secret to them falling off the bone. :xyxthumbs:

3. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

i want some :fan_wave2:

4. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I know I've posted a recipe on here before but I couldn't find it in a search.

I need to cook some of them bad boys myself.

5. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

exactly how i cook them except I put beer inside the foil

6. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

Always bake...then grill. Works for me. :xyxthumbs:

7. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

This is the recipe I use. You can finish them on the grill instead of under the broiler if you want.

Damn good ribs.

Who Loves Ya Baby-Back? Recipe courtesy Alton Brown

Recipe SummaryPrep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes Cook Time: 3 hours 25 minutes Yield: 2 slabs ribs User Rating:

2 whole slabs pork baby back ribs

Dry Rub: 8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed 3 tablespoons kosher salt 1 tablespoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning 1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme 1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Braising Liquid: 1 cup white wine 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon honey 2 cloves garlic, chopped

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well. Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, shiny side down. Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour. In a microwavable container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours. Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs. Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.

*This recipe makes several batches of dry rub. If more rub is needed, it can be extended by any amount, as long as the ratio of 8:3:1:1 remains the same.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  8. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

why remove the meat from the bones. Isn't that the part you want to eat?

9. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

not the meat, dough dough...that foreskin like stuff...connective tissue, if you will.

10. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

I'll never understand how flesh falling off a bone is considered tasty. I get liking the meat, but that phrase is just nasty.