1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Duke, UNC games sell out coliseum

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Dukesuckgounc, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

Posted on Tue, Mar. 15, 2005

Duke, UNC games sell out coliseum

Tickets for this week's NCAA men's basketball tournament first- and second-round games at the Charlotte Coliseum were sold out by 9:10 a.m. Monday.

That's what happens when local favorites North Carolina and Duke are coming to town.

"At 6:10 p.m. Sunday, when it was announced on TV that North Carolina was coming, it became a whirlwind of activity here," said Jamie Hendricks, athletics ticket manager at Davidson, the event's host school. "Then at 6:20, when we found out Duke was coming, it really got busy."

Hendricks said each of the eight schools with teams coming to Charlotte received between 350 and 550 tickets for their fans.

The rest had been on sale to the general public since March 2004. About 2,000 remained Sunday.

Hendricks said if a school doesn't use its allotment, the leftover tickets would be distributed to other schools that might need more. If there are still tickets left after that -- an unlikely scenario, Hendricks said -- they would go to a waiting list that had been established for the general public.

Fans Still Needed

The Observer's March Madness celebration needs some fans.

We're hoping to find a true-blue fan for each of the 65 teams in the NCAA men's tournament. We've found a bunch, but we lack fans for St. Mary's, Calif., and Alabama-Birmingham. We could use more for other schools.

So if you love any of these teams e-mail us today at [email protected].

Thursday practices free

Unable to a ticket to the opening rounds of the men's tournament at the Charlotte Coliseum? Go watch the 50-minute open practices Thursday. Admission and parking are free.

Iowa State - Noon; Oakland, Mich., or Alabama A&M - 1 p.m.; Minnesota - 2:10 p.m.; North Carolina - 3:10 p.m.; Duke - 5 p.m.; Stanford - 6 p.m.; Delaware State - 7:10 p.m.; Mississippi State - 8:10 p.m.

David Scott

2. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

Just a question for anyone, I got three sets of tickets. One with a 1, a 2, and a 3 on them. is the ticket with the one on them good for the first two games, and then I use my #2 tickets after the little break?

3. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Stinky

send them to me and let me take a look

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

that was a no brainer dukey......i'd rather watch it on tv anyways

5. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

Look like we are going to play Oakland anyone know about this Oakland team

6. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

not me but i'd be willing to bet that you'll have to lay about 20 if you want to take the heels