1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

DT's?

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Hayden, Nick DT
    Irvin, Corvey DT
    Johnson, Ed DT
    Landri, Derek DT
    Leonard, Louis DT
    Tyler, Tank DT

that's what on the roster.. any starters there?

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

Leonard and Tyler probably start, Ed Johnson might have a shot. There will probably be a rotation where guy who do not start get some snaps. I hope Irvin can show something.

There is no big run stuffer in that group but I suspect that is because Meeks does not favor that approach.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    it's probably one of those deals where Leonard, who's shown it bigtime in the snaps he had, is the starter, and comes out occasionally for one of our ends inside. Johnson probably plays base snaps as a vet but gives way to Tyler. We have more 3 technique guys than NTs, and that probably includes the miscast Hayden (who has a good first step and penetrates), whereas we really only have Leonard at NT.

Landri is a bit of a wildcard, I haven't seen him in the pros. Jags fans seemed to like him, but he's not starter material. He was a college noseguard but whether that and his 290 lb frame makes him a NT, I doubt.

4. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

think thats enough, or do you expect a high round pick to be added?

5. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Not sure its enough but Fox mentioned he liked the players we have at DT and G. Can't remember when he said it, might have been during the owners meetings. Nobody really stands out but there is potential there. If someone falls to them who they feel can contribute than by all means grab him.

Lotta people been hyping Linval Joseph from ECU.

6. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

We're not a 34 (sorry, Thelt) so having a true NT isn't the biggest concern. Leonard is good enough to play our version of it. I think Irvin is still our best hope for a formidable "3 technique" type. I like Landi better than Hayden.

7. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

I don't think we would spend a 2nd or 3rd on a DT since we have more pressing needs but I'm suresomewhere down the line they'll pick someone up. Or grab someone that's cut June or later. My biggest worry is Tebow is still sitting there when they pick in the 2nd.

8. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

QB is a pretty big need right now. I'm not saying we have to pick Tebow, but I wouldn't be against taking one that high if we got lucky.

9. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I think what we have is "enough". If a guy at 48 is better than we expected to get, we won't turn him down, but that would most likely be a guy who fits our scheme (300, not 350), and plays both the run and pass well.

Which is the weird thing about DT in this draft. I don't know that there's a consensus #3 DT. Some people have weird shit like Brian Price or Cam Thomas as their third best guy.

They have Leonard/Tyler as penciled in, they probably don't let Irvin go, and they like Johnson, and that's four. We need more than four in camp, and have a lot more than four, so I could entirely see them passing on a DT or grabbing a later run stuffer. The wildcard in that is that literally everyone on the roster other than Irvin is a free agent after the year, so they might draft a guy to stash just so they have depth longterm.

10. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Tyler brayton
    charles johnson