1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Draft day 2018

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Abusive likes this.
  2. rake

rake Need one of these

I HATED what Carolina did with this draft. Once again passing on players that could really help at positions of need . .. too many examples to mention. Even trying to be optimistic that there are two new decent starters at WR and CB, Gaulden is not looking like much help to me at S. Thomas and the two LB's are projects/ST at best. The wildcard is that hopefully Haynes can add enough pressure on passing downs to make a still-shitty secondary look better at times.

Just in case you haven't seen the following (Walter for what it's worth):

>>>>4/25/18:
    Haynes totaled 45 tackles with 11 for a loss, 7.5 sacks and three forced fumbles in 2017. The senior is a limited role player for the NFL as a designated pass-rusher - DPR. Sources say that Haynes is not the fastest of learners, so switching to traditional outside linebacker in a 4-3 defense is not being projected for him. Additionally, they note that he is extremely thin.

Scouts like Haynes' natural edge-rush ability and think he could be a contributor as a DPR. Teams were disappointed in his effort at times during 2017, and there was talk around Ole Miss that an agent got to Haynes and pushed on him not to get hurt. Thus, Haynes took his foot off the pedal in a lot of games, which resulted in him not looking good. Sources are valuing Haynes for the third day of the 2018 NFL Draft.

9/1/17: As a junior, Haynes played well and illustrated that he can be a difference-maker as a situational defender. In 2016, Haynes had 53 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles, three passes batted, one interception and seven sacks. His sophomore season was even better with 43 tackles, 16.5 for a loss, 10 sacks, three forced fumbles and two passes batted. He recorded 31 tackles with nine tackles for a loss and 7.5 sacks as a freshman.

Haynes is fast off the edge and has some natural pass-rushing skills to him. He is a heat-seeking missile off the edge who is a natural pass-rusher. Haynes also has functional strength that was illustrated by bull rush sacks through Alabama's Cam Robinson and Florida State's Roderick Johnson in 2016.

However, Haynes is extremely undersized and will have to move to outside linebacker in the NFL. Even for that position, he will need to get stronger, but he has a real knack for producing sacks in the clutch and had an impact in Ole Miss beating Alabama in 2015. Haynes has to get better in run defense or he will just be a situational rusher in the NFL.<<<<

Haynes flashes some excellent potential on tape. Hope he's not a head case like Ole Miss Kraken

3. Black&Black

I am annoyed at the goose egg for offensive lineman, but the first two picks add a valuable dimension for those two positions. Haynes is an interesting wildcard. I've always liked the idea of having a designated pass rusher. We've started using our outside linebackers as edge rushers in recent years, so that "joker" spot already seems built into our sub-packages.

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

The draft like most things in life takes time to pan out.
    I don`t like or dislike the draft because I`m not certain how it will end up.
    Sure, speculation is fun, but just opinion.

Coach Micool likes this.
  5. Black&Black

I think it has potential to be decent. It's not a draft class that's dead on arrival, like 2016's was.

6. Black&Black

You might see a rotation of Jackson and Gaulden as the nickle this year, with Jackson in there on pass tendency situations. I'm not exactly sure why Munnerlyn is still on the roster. Maybe we tried to move him over the weekend.

7. Black&Black

Cleveland is saying Mayfield was their guy from the start. They're also saying they wanted nothing to do with Josh Allen. Sure, guys.

8. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Hack got hacked, replaced on the roster by OT Korren Kervin

9. Wp28

Wp28 I had that dream again...

Hurney on WFNZ yesterday indicated they would look to add a veteran RB around May 10 which is just past the deadline for signings affecting your Compensatory draft picks.

10. Black&Black

Adrian Peterson