1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

David Tepper

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, May 11, 2018.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Fair enough, but that still creates a problem. Also, I'm pretty sure none of the other teams you mentioned have a stadium lease that's set to expire soon.

2. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

You think the league will reimburse the difference between what tepper paid verses what Navarro offered (rumored to be 2.6 billion) just to speed along the process

3. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

Not sure what you mean. There is no lease here. The team owns the building. If you’re talking about the ‘tether’ to the city, that’s always been crap. If an owner wants to move, said owner will pay whatever penalties the city or state government have in place. In the long run, a couple hundred mil isn’t going to phase them. Just look at the St Louis situation. My belief is that he bought the Rams with the intention of moving them. There was little or nothing St Louis could do to stop it. The good news for us is that the only viable option seems to be London. And there are shit loads of logistical issues with a permanent team there.

Coach Micool likes this.
  4. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

My opinion is yes. The NFL wanted this guy over Navarro they subsidized the purchase to make JR whole. But that’s just my opinion.

5. Black&Black

That's technically true, but the stadium improvements of '13 effectively locked the team into Charlotte through 2019. As for paying the penalties and such, I actually think that's a pretty strong deterrent. Would you rather pay hundreds of millions to leave or nothing to leave? Has an owner ever done that? The Rams were on a year to year basis with St. Louis. As far as I know, Kroenke payed nothing to leave. Same with the Chargers.

And the owners are dead serious about international expansion. It may not be viable in the immediate future, but they clealy want this to happen.

6. Mills51

Mills51 Full Access Member

Isn't that the price of being down town? I haven't been to a game in 4 years or so, but before that I went to every game and just accepted the reality of $20 parking.

7. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

Or have family 5 blocks away and park FREE

8. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

In the end I think in the next 5-10 years BoA 2.0 (with a roof) will be built at the current site . . . Just like the Vikings did in Downtown Minneapolis; Tear down the Metrodome and build US Bank Stadium on the same plot of land . . . Panthers will have to play in Columbia/Chapel Hill/Winston-Salem** for 2 years and then come back . . . .

**Hey, if Chargers (NFL) can play in 25k seat HOME DEPOT CENTER (MLS Stadium) it shouldn't be that bad playing at BB&T FIELD (Wake Forest) for the short term . . . Yeah, its a small college stadium but it still has amenities that the Panthers can use (limited skyboxes and clubseats)

9. Black&Black

Coming back to SC for a year or two would be pretty damn cool. I actually liked the rumor about building the new stadium in Rock Hill. South Carolina kicks North Carolina's ass.

10. Black&Black

[​IMG]

Art Vandelay and Abusive like this.