1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CLT City Council votes 8-3 to build Hive #2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by sds70, Feb 12, 2002.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Well, well how about that . . . City Council votes 8-3 to build Hive #2 in Uptown CLT :) !!!!! Who would've thunkit, there are members of the city council who do have big political cajones after all :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, my local city councilwoman, Nancy Carter, voted NO . . . I'll remember her come election time :mad: :( . . . .

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/2652046.htm

Correction: Nancy Carter did vote for Hive #2 . . . . . Bad error in today's e-fishwrap . . . . I will have to remember to vote for her come election time :D !!!!!!

2. BigMark

BigMark Guest

Is this final? not that I'm doubting you, I just don't know. And if so, does this guarantee the Bugs will stay in town?

3. QueenCityHillbilly

QueenCityHillbilly Bitch, I Will Kill You

yes...and no. It is final, but it's still up to Shinnridge and the NBA to Keep the hornets here.

4. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

The way I understand the arena plan is the Hornets have to stay AND be sold to new ownership. Forget the arena unless Stern steps in.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Is this at all related to the fact that the NBA still has to allow the move? ...that a deal on the table to help finance, and a stadium voted in, that those two things mean progress in keeping the team there? Therefore the NBA would vote to keep them here?

And what if the Hornets do leave? Can this city carry three uninhabited Coliseums?

I read where Mark Richardson was looking into gaining part ownership in the Checkers and building a quaint minor-league stadium downtown. How does this fit together with that?

6. Does this mean the Charlotte wants the Hornets? I'm really confused. I thought they weren't wanted here anymore.

7. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

mVm there is a clause that allows the city out of building the arena if the Hornets don't stay

8. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

I think the Panthers own some land south of the Stadium . . . the AAA Charlotte Knights have inquired about using that land for a minor league ballpark . . . The thought has come up though about the Panthers buying the Knights (the current owners said in a news paper article that they would be open to that) but there hasn't been a firm offer for the team yet . . .