1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Checkers 4, Express 3 (OT)

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by johndeerebrave, Jan 26, 2003.

1. johndeerebrave

johndeerebrave Full Access Member

Checkers win it by outscoring the Express 2-1 in the shootout. We quickly took a 2-0 lead, then the Express rally to tie it at 2, then we go up 3-2, then they tie us back at 3 before the OT. We outshot the Express. I was there. It was my first-ever Checkers game. I had a ball. I must say they are very unfortunate to be in the division they are in. Their division is one TOUGH cookie! They're only two games over .500 now, but usually that doesn't constitute last place. It does in the Checkers' division however. I am not that familiar with the team but it was a great atmosphere and I was impressed. .50 Cokes and .25 popcorn, can't beat that. We outshot the Express. I got a kick out of the heckler who taunts the opposing players whenever they have to come into the penalty box. My uncle is a major fan. He has season tickets and appears to be quite popular at the games. He's bargaining for Chicken Coop tickets. Just last Saturday he arrived in a tuxedo just after going to a wedding and my little cousin was dressed up too. It's such a good time, I had been wanting to go to a game for quite some time.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2003
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Natural Disaster

Shootouts RULE!!!!!Esp when we win!

Glad you had a good time. They need some new fans. Their division is a tough one, and they are usually in the top 3, but this year they have been having some problems...ok 1 big problem, the coach.

The hecklers name is Drew I believe. I love that. His laugh is funny.

3. imking4aday

imking4aday Senior Member

I was at the game too...I'm one of the loud bastards who start the "Lindsay...Lindsay...Lindsay...YOU SUCK" cheers, among others, during the 1st and 3rd periods...glad to say that cheer has now taken over both sides of the arena instead of just the side the Checkers shoot on in the 2nd period

4. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

From Sunday's fishwrap, in case you missed it :) (like me, who was stuck at work all day Sat. night :( :( . . .)

Checkers Down Roakoke

5. Brak

Brak Full Access Member

Me too! And we moved to the other side in the second, just to let Lindsay know he wasn't gonna catch a break. Moved back to sect. 115 in the third.

I posted some(under a different name) on the "other" board last year during the 'canes playoff run, I remember you being there.

6. Hurricane

7. imking4aday

imking4aday Senior Member

the other side for the second period used to be the loudest, and the sec 115 side used to be dead always...when you would yell, people would just turn around and give dirty looks

but now boths sides are pretty loud, so my lazy ass just stays on the one side now....and the have labatt blue and donuts in the one corner, so i'm happy

the canes had a playoff run?? seems like a long time ago after their 8 game losing streak

8. Hurricane

:ass:

9. Brak

Brak Full Access Member

busted

heh heh heh.;) busted. You know who it is, 'cane.....or was it 77........so many names. Was wondering if anybody I knew would be over here.

Glad to see you here.........I think.......

10. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

Brak, don't I say I never gave you anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2003