1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte 49er Football

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by VA49er, Sep 25, 2010.

1. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

2. Messi333

Messi333 Junior Member

3. VA49er

Holding walk on tryouts soon. Anybody have any eligibility left? lol

4. VA49er

Going the Indpendent route for a while, it seems.

49ers to play as FCS independent.

5. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

Why in the world would Charlotte have not jumped at the chance to join the Colonial? That would have been a better basketball move for them than football, really.

6. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Crazy idea, but Im going to ask it anyhow . . . .

Why not ask for admittance to the BIG EAST? Along with us & ECU, it would give the league a good footprint in the Tarheel State and we would become natural rivals. Yessssss, we would still be at FCS level football for the foreseeable future, but couldn't we move up to FBS level in about 8-10 years? UCONN took a similar move moving up from (then) I-AA to I-A football . . . .

7. VA49er

Would of been great for football but not really basketball. Historically the CAA is a one bid league while the A10 gets 2 to 3. Don't have to win the A10 Tournament to get a NCAA invite. Granted, the CAA has had success lately given the JMU and VCU runs, but historically, the A10 is the better basketball conference. Of course all bets are off if conference realignment hits. If Xavier or Temple leave the A10 then I'd take the CAA in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  8. VA49er

Not sure what's going on behind closed doors but the BE was always a dream, at least IMHO. Other than market, I don't see what the BE would see in us. Heck, we don't even have footballs yet and the BE may not be around when we start playing. One thing I can see is a new league forming along the East Coast. Hard to know how all this realignment will play out.

9. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

Historically the CAA is a one bid league, but they seem to be on a serious upswing as a whole. I wouldn't be suprised for them to be a two or three bid league every year now. Add in the fact that in the CAA you can actually develop some rivalries as opposed to playing in a league where you're pretty much always going to be an outsider, and I think the CAA is a much better choice.

10. VA49er

I tend to agree with regard to rivalries. It doesn't help that we've sucked pretty much since going the A10. Historically the A10 is the much better basketball league I just wish the A10 hadn't given up football several years ago. Richmond is an A10 school that plays football in the CAA. All A10 schools that have football play in the CAA. CAA is definitely were it's at for football and the basketball is getting better as recent history shows. The big question mark remains all this realignment. Things could look radically different by the time CLT finally plays a game. Maybe there's an advantage to being independent in order to see where the chips fall.