1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Car Insurance

Discussion in 'Money & Finance Forum' started by VA49er, Aug 18, 2009.

1. eldegoAdent

eldegoAdent Junior Member

Its worth looking on a cashback site like Quidco when youre getting car insurance. I took mine out last year via Quidco and managed to get £100 cashback off what was my cheapest

2. Southern_Yankee

Southern_Yankee Full Access Member

Try staying in the hospital for 6 weeks after a car wreck and then report back to us your feelings on insurance.

3. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

...what?.......I've got major medical and car insurance......which one do you think will pay for me to be hospitalized?
    If I have liability only, will my car insurance pay for me at Wake Med?
    And God forbid you or me or anyone of our friends or family were to be hospitalized for 6 weeks, but if so, PM me, and I'll get you in touch with a good attorney.

4. Southern_Yankee

Both, reverand. I dont do liability only so, Im not sure about it.

My wife was in a wreck in 2001 (her fault) and did spend 2 weeks in the hospital (8 days in a coma) and 4 weeks in Carolina Inst. of Rehab. I was getting EOB's in the mail that were > $1M in services provided.

Jeep was totalled and paid off. Auto kicked in around $5K towards med and the rest would have been up to me/us. Luckily we had just gotten married and I was able to add her to my company insurance as the enrollment period just happed at same time.:headbang: Once her BC/BS (from her job) ran out, my bennies kicked in and covered it. I was maybe $5K to $7K out of pocket after it was all said and done and made almost that much on the Jeep payoff.

5. Golden Hammer

Golden Hammer South Pole Elf

Try doing the same thing without any insurance....then report back on your feelings about insurance.

6. Southern_Yankee

Why would I do a stupid thing like that? I've been through it WITH insurance and looking back, I thank God everyday we have/had insurance.

7. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

If I ever find the person responsible for you posting here, I'll stab them in the neck with an ice pick, and cleave off their limbs with a meat cleaver. :20_3_5:

8. walker911

walker911 Banned From TBR

The bottom line is, people with bad credit are more likely to cost more. And yes, it is a blanket assessment. But that is what insurance companies do, spread the risk.

9. Southern_Yankee

:tank: For the worst car insurance rates online, go to The General and waste your time! :20_3_5:

10. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

I've seen the commercials but never checked them out. I assume the rates are bad because they specialize in crappy drivers or drivers with bad credit? Amazes me how people with bad credit get pissed when all they are offered are high rates. Yes, I know there are special circumstances, but I'm talking in general, which applies to most folks.