1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Canes Top the Sabres

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by Trojan, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

Wow, what a great game in the new NHL - two teams who can skate and score goals.

Carolina and Buffalo played evenly in the first period, Carolina owned the second 4-0 and the better rested Buffalo owned the 3rd 3-0 but the Hurricanes win 4-3 to end a long road trip. Hometown boy Kevyn Adams scored the first goal for the Hurricanes and Corey Stillman, Justin Williams and Anton Babchuck also score for the Canes. Staal's assist on Stillman's goal gives him a point in the last 8 games and 91 for the season.

The Hurricanes come home for 4 matches against Southeast Division opponents as they are 21 points ahead of the second place Tampa Bay and 2 points behind Eastern Conference leading Ottawa.

Doug Weight, Nic Wallin and Bret Hedican were injury scratches for the game.

2. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

great effort by Carolina, especially considering the amount of road time they've had of late. Great to see Adams get one. Sabres fans can only hope the team's effort in the third period is a sign they're ready to break out of their funk.

3. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

Vancek's goal was one of the prettiest I've seen this season.

It sounds like Coach Ruff's 11 year-old daughter will make a complete recovery after her brain sugery.

4. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

yeah, that's a tough thing. I think the team'll bounce back. Miller's play of late worries me. I think he's running a little low on gas. Buffalo's a good team, but they're a young team that's probably a year away from contending for a cup. I hear these experts, like the guy on espn.com, predicting they'll come out of the East, and I just shake my head. Honestly, I'll be happy with a series win (hopefully it's the Rangers) and then being competitive in the conference semis.

5. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

And the other possible difficulty for teams like Buffalo and Carolina is what happened Tuesday night at Toronto with all the clutching and grabbing that wasn't called. The NHL will have to make sure the refs call penalties in the playoffs like they have done for the most part during the regular season or skating teams like the Sabres and Canes are in trouble. The Tronoto game was ugly and boring.

6. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

fuck the Leafs. and fuck their fans. It's been this year. The price of a ticket in Toronto is so great that it's actually cheaper for them to truck their asses across the bridge and pay double on face value from the scalpers. fans at Buffalo-Toronto games at HSBC thus are about a 50-50 split. They've driven back across the border sad all three times so far this year.

7. JrMonarchs AAA

JrMonarchs AAA Full Access Member

You bastard. I hope it's Philly. I DON'T want to see that match up at ALL. 6 - 3 loss last night sucked. Dumbass penalty by the Rangers, and Philly went up and never looked back.

8. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

You guys done sucking each other's dicks yet? And Trojan congrats on moving up from the copy & paste to the paraphrasing of the local announcers.

9. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

Dead fucking last. And a punk to boot. You are such a loser.

10. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

Good thing I'm not a band wagon fan.