1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Can You Be Gay and a Christian ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by sds70, Jan 30, 2008.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Some semi-famous Dr. is coming to town to do a lecture series on the issue next month at the BOOTH PLAYHOUSE . . . . From the American Family Association website

========

Don't Miss Dr. Michael Brown's Lecture Series, 'Can You Be Gay and Christian?'

A battle is raging in the churches today over the question of homosexuality, and whole denominations are dividing over the issue. Does God's Word really speak against homosexual practice? Or would Jesus accept homosexual men and women as they are, without changing them? Many Christians are now confused, especially the younger generation.

Major seminaries now teach that homosexuality is no different than heterosexuality, and one of the leading Baptist churches in Charlotte recently declared that it was receiving practicing homosexuals into its membership -- and leadership. It's time that God's people brought the truth into the light. And it's time we learned how to reach out to the homosexual community with the transforming love of God. This is an issue that we cannot ignore.

Dr. Michael Brown, Director of the Coalition of Conscience, will present a special lecture series at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte, Feb. 11-15, at 7:00 each night. You don't want to miss this eye-opening lecture series, which will also feature a debate between Dr. Brown and Mr. Harry Knox, the religious spokesman for the world's largest homosexual advocacy organization, the Human Rights Campaign. This will be an historic, unique event.

-Monday night: Are We Using the Bible to Sanction Anti-Homosexual Prejudice?

-Tuesday night: Is There Such a Thing as "Ex-Gay"?

-Wednesday night: Was Jesus Tolerant?

-Thursday night: A Christian Response to Homosexuality: A Dialogue Between Mr. Harry Knox, Director of Faith and Religion of the Human Rights Campaign, and Dr. Michael L. Brown (this special event requires a ticket for admission; free tickets can be obtained by contacting [email protected]; seating is limited and we will not be able to grant all ticket requests; for webcast information for this night only, go to: www.revolutionnow.org)

-Friday night: Ministering to the Gay and Lesbian Community

Booth Playhouse
    130 North Tryon St.
    Charlotte, NC 28202

These lectures will contain essential information for pastors, leaders, and believers from every background, so make your plans to attend. (If you are bringing a church group and would like reserved seating for the lectures, contact the Coalition at [email protected] or call 704-782-3760.)

We look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Sure, just like you can be an adulterer and a Christian, but you don't see liberals saying that everyone should be tolerant and accepting of adulterers, or pretending that it's somehow no longer a sin.

3. weavervegas

weavervegas Nobody

Not sure, but I don't think the Liberals made gays a wedge issue on the ballots. . . . . I'mma thinking that came from the values crowd as a way to get more folks at the polls voting . . .

4. Big Mark

Big Mark Full Access Member

We have a gay man on our church leadership team. He essentially has decided to live a celibate lifestyle because of the conflicts in his emotional and spiritual desires. I feel for him, and respect him.

Personally, I think we as Christians have bigger things to worry about than homosexuality. I think it's be overly politicized and frankly is a distraction to the good of the church - not to mention it keeps people from The Church.

5. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

Agreed.

6. BigVito

BigVito Splitting Headache

Couldn't you just have stopped at the comma?

7. Fred

Fred .........

I'm afraid that you're in the minority. 90% of 'Christians' think it's their primary duty to follow us around and tell us that we're going to hell.

8. Big Mark

But isn't there a distinction to be made there? Being accepting of a sinner is not the same as saying the act is no longer a sin. The wonderful thing about Christianity is that we all can be redeemed.

We all sin, and we will all sin again. I don't understand the desire to ostracize one particular group of sinners?

9. Big Mark

Sadly, I don't really doubt that. I honestly just don't understand that agenda.

10. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

It's just another way for people who don't get it to feed their pathetic egos. It's no different than racism or any other discrimination that's reared its ugly head throughout history.