1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cam in 2019

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Bull Moose, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

There's no reason why we have to play him at a traditional QB position. Can you imagine him lining up in the backfield as a wildcat-style RB with a regular QB under center? Or have I already had too much to drink on a Thursday night?

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The problem with that is he's becoming easier to defend as a runner. His best runs are up the middle between the tackles. He doesn't get to the edge like he used to. As a pure passer, he took a big step forward in 2018, but once the shoulder flairs up, he's a completely useless player. To think this situation is going to improve over time is to be in denial. Basically, the Panthers are putting a piece of tape over the check engine light.

3. Black&Black

By the way, it's not like Andrew Luck is out of the woods. He's been protected by an amazing stretch of play by their offensive line. That's not going to last forever, though.

4. rake

rake Need one of these

If carolina sticks with a bum-shoulder cam like tampa is sticking with a bum jameis then it will be a suck-off to see who gets to draft the next "face of the franchise" in 2020

5. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

We were 6-2, so I don’t want to fall into a panic trap.

I keep coming back to the road Tampa game. Open ended stadium, 30 mph winds. I knew then we that had a real fucking problem.

I’m not a doctor but I do agree with B&B: without a wing that can deliver explosive plays, he’s an average QB.

6. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

Perhaps it is denial. But really, what are our options? We have a better chance of drafting EJ Manual or JP Losman than we do Patrick Mahomes. The reality is that Drew Brees came back froM one of the most gruesome shoulder injuries you’ll ever see. So it’s not a stretch to think that he could come back from whatever is wrong with him. But the way this has been handled (all the way back to the original injury in 2016) is troubling. There are so many guilty parties in this...and I’m sure he is one of them.

My thought always was that you ride his ass until his body breaks down. I just hoped we would get 10-12 years out of him rather that 7-8.

CFBall likes this.
  7. Black&Black

I specifically said there are no good options. Trading him is a bad option. It's also the least bad option. The likely alternative is paying 30 million/year for a quarterback who's injured half the season.

8. Black&Black

Which is happening now.

9. law1ng2b2

I hear ya. And was speaking more rhetorically. People (and I know you’re not one of them) think that good QBs grow on trees. Even people have seen some pretty fucking terrible QB play here over the last 25 years. It’s never been easier to play QB in the NFL. But still, it’s oretty fucking hard.

10. law1ng2b2

I hope you’re wrong. But I’m worried that you’re right. It sucks.