1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Butch Out?

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by BUCKO, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

The Butch Davis Experience :

Crashing the delusional views of baby blue nation back down to the mediocre reality of their actual football program.

:REGamblMoney01HL2:

2. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

fixed

3. kickazzz2000

kickazzz2000 CURRENTLY ON THE CAN

I'm no lawyer (my entire professional life has become devoted to avoiding ever coming across one thanks to jackasses like John Edwards), but what basis does he have for a lawsuit if they paid him his buyout per his contract?

4. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

He wouldn't have one, unless they defamed him on the way out.

5. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Don't think he would have a basis, of course that never stops a lawsuit.

6. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Weep? Not a chance. Absolutely embarassed at the way that the university handled the entire situation? Absolutely. There is no way that this situation could have been handled any worse than it has and ranks right up there with the Doherty and Parker situations as most pathetically embarassing for the athletic department.

But keep celebrating even though the university confirmed what I have been saying all along - that Davis did not know what was going on.

Finally, I will say that it certainly says quite a bit about you that you are responding to this situation with such unmitigated glee. I can honestly say that when things like this happen to any ACC school, I am never happy about it or gloat about it. Of course, I don't have an inferiority complex.

7. vpkozel

To be fair, State is definitely one of the best universities in the nation in its specialty fields, it's the liberal arts areas that bring it down. Within the engineering and farming world, State is extremely well respected. Actually the ACC is lucky because we have an incredible diversity of highly regarded universities. It's something that the league is and should be extremely proud of.

8. vpkozel

Perhaps you should have read the methodology a little more closely. That study rules out anyone with a post grad degree and does not count stock options or business ownership, which would obviously severly penalize a liberal arts university with world class law, medical, and mba schools.

9. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

I don't think the "glee" is towards the Unversity, per say, but towards all those obnoxiuos Tar Heel fans (mainly bandwagoners) that have had a "holier- than- thou" attitude for many, many, many years.

I personally think the situation could have been handled better. Time for Chapel Hill to move on but the reputation has been tarnished and Tar Heel fans will just have to put up with "The Carolina Way" jokes for years and years and years and years to come.

10. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Really?