1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Butch Davis has UNC...

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by The Brain, Sep 1, 2007.

1. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

So, what you are telling me then is you are a Wal-Mart fan.

And here you go...I WAS WRONG. As was clearly stated in the article you referenced, Steve Spurrier was begging to be the coach at UNC. Now I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

And I'm still waiting on that list of coaches that may be interested in Carolina. I think Frank Beamer said he needed another pay raise and may talk to you guys (I mean Carolina), so you may want to tell Baddour.

And what happened with that engineering degree? Aren't you a writer now?

Lastly, so what you want...but saying Generals in the United States military are idiots is low. It shows your arrogance and complete ignorance to even say those guys are idiots after what they do for all of us.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. chipshot

chipshot Full Access Member

Butch Davis isn't going anywhere.

damn, you may be the biggest homer on TBR

3. Elric

Elric Citizen of the Empire

:iagree:

4. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Agreed

Agreed

This almost nullifies every great point you've made so far. Way to fuck it up.

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I remember everyone jumping on Amato, not the players.

6. Odin

Odin Full Access Member

Couldn't agree more. Arrogant dumbass quotes like this from Collin and other UNC suck-ups are what causes others to despise you and your misplaced superiority complex.
    Sure, UNC is a great school (medicine, law), but so is NCSU (Engineering).
    Yes, you have a tradition on good hoops ( as do we), but face it, your football program sucks ( as does ours). Don't try to puff it up and pretend it's " a sleeping giant".

7. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

^ I agree.

Now, I'm just trying to get a rise out of him, unfortunately you guys (Math, etc., not Odin) were too far up Collin's ass to see it. So, I apologize. He'll probably still flip out, and I'll still laugh.

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

Why is it that everyone who gets their ass kicked in an argument now pretends that they were joking the whole time? Was there a memo or something? Good lord.

But in seriousness, N.C. State simply isn't on the same level of Carolina as a university and I think everyone knows it. It reminds me a lot of the relationship between VT and UVA when I was there, actually. State is a great school in some specific areas, but it's a fairly dumpy campus in an unattractive area without a lot of prestige or famous alumni (and those generals you mentioned all drink out of sippy cups at this point, so stick to people who are still relevant). But hell, I went to ECU for grad school and it's even more redneck than State.

Like it or not, UNC has a much bigger national profile than State. I've already said that I don't expect Carolina to suddenly become a top football school, but I'd be happy if they can be a perennial bowl team with semi-annual top 25 rankings. I'm not even saying that State couldn't achieve the same thing.

9. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Oh, by the way, I'm a graduate of North Carolina State University. Now shut the fuck up and get over your homerness.

10. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Your wandering in your point. You just claimed Carolina > State by comparing their campuses. Just stop. Please.

Nobody is debating this, but to say they aren't on the same level is a bit of a stretch.