1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bobcats may offer money-back guarantee Not satisfied with team? Get a refund

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Dukesuckgounc, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Bobcats owner Bob Johnson is considering offering a money-back guarantee to some season ticket holders if they are unsatisfied with next year's team.

Johnson, speaking before Tuesday night's game against Milwaukee, said he would probably offer the guarantee to "non-premium" ticket holders in Charlotte's new arena. The arena is set to open next fall, and ticket prices will increase.

The Bobcats are confident the new building will create a buzz in Charlotte that will boost both team attendance and the entertainment district around it.

"I think the arena is really going to be the watershed event that will awaken the deep fan/sponsor support that we expect every year," Johnson said. "We may say `Come in, sample our product, and if you don't like it, we may refund your deposit.'

"That's how confident I am in the fact that we have put together ticket pricing that can reach the people who are working families. You say `Take the car, drive it around.' This is the same thing, come in and go to a number of games and if you say `Gee, Bob, it's not there,' we'll figure out a way to refund some of the money."

Johnson is also hopeful the new arena will jump-start his fledgling digital cable network, C-Set, which broadcasts most of the Bobcats games. Many viewers across the Carolinas do not subscribe to digital cable and are unable to watch most of the games.

Johnson acknowledged Tuesday night that he needs to make his games more accessible to increase the expansion team's fan base.

"It would be beneficial to us if we had more of our games on basic," he said. "We can look for ways to increase the number of over-the-air games that are available, and we'll be talking to the guys at Time Warner about that."

Meanwhile, Johnson said he talked with Denver owner Stan Kroenke at the All-Star game last weekend about how to bring the event to Charlotte.

"I asked him to give me a business model as to how you make this work because obviously there is a lot of cost that goes with putting on this event for the NBA," Johnson said. "I think the model is if you get a brand-new arena, you are sort of in the queue for an All-Star game

2. cantgetright

cantgetright Full Access Member

great to see him taking in the fans concerns and adapting his business to be more like the fans are wanting. These guys are doing a good job. C-Set needs to be available on basic cable and Direc-TV. I have wanted towatch alot of games and don't get too because of it not being available on Direc-TV. I would pay 2 dollars a month for it if it hadlocal highschool fb and basketball games along with 49ers games and a few Panthers shows.

3. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

I'd like to see them trade Steve Smith for a pick or two.

4. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

I don't think they will be any Panthers game on CSet.Fox has a deal with the NFL.But maybe CSet game Charlotte Kinght games

5. cantgetright

cantgetright Full Access Member

Not games Dukey! I know the NFL has a TV deal. I'm talking about shows like a 30 minute show breaking down what's going on with the team. Like a once a week show that's shows what's going on behind the scenes and maybe a 30 minute show that highlights what happened each day in training camp.

6. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

The Panthers currently have a contract with WCCB for local programming. I would guess that contract would have to expire before they could do anything on C-SET.