1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'TV & Movie Discussion' started by Big Red, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

I earned my first and second M.S. after I was in LE. It's actually not that uncommon for people to possess graduate degrees, but I can see how it would be perplexing for a guy that still uses his fingers and toes to count.

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Good for you. Nobody cares.

3. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Then why did you bring it up?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  4. Black&Black

I think it's extremely unlikely that you're everything you say your are. It's certainly possible that you're parts of the different stories - it's not hard for me to believe that you're an ex cop or military, for instance - but I don't believe that everything you've said about yourself is true. You've made yourself sound like Captain America. But I honestly don't give a shit one way or the other.

5. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

While I am no Captain America, I am what I say I am: Marine Infantryman 1988-1992, Cop/Correctional officer 1993-1997, Student 1997-2004, Teacher/HS Football Coach 1999-Present.

I was an excellent Marine and student. My record as a teacher and HS head football coach is impeccable. My demeanor, drive, and attitude didn't match law enforcement and I simply wasn't a good fit.

Over my adult life I've developed an idea and/or concept that people lie because they need things from others. I am at a stage in life where I do not need anything from anyone and therefore have no reason to lie, especially on a message board. Moreover, the act of lying is a mere personal acknowledgement that the person you are lying to has power over you. I refuse to give that to anyone.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  6. Black&Black

A few spoilers below in case one of the four people who read this forum haven't yet seen it:

This show is phenomenal. I thought I would hate it. What's surprised me is that it actually has improved on some of the stuff that occasionally weighed down Breaking Bad. There's less "fluff". No bullshit with Jesse and his rehab and the 12 step group. Or Marie and her bullshit, or Skyler.....being Skyler. Not that this show is perfect - Chuck's "space blanket" fiasco is a bit unnecessary - but overall it plays things pretty straight. Even the somewhat forced Tuco cameo makes sense in the big picture. I honestly forget that it's a spinoff when I watch it. The show stands on it's own.

The only thing I hate is that there's only two episodes left. WTF? Breaking Bad gave us those two bullshit 8 episode "half" seasons, and now only 10 to start Better Call Saul? Vince Gilligan is a fucking sadist.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  7. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

BCS has grown on me. We look forward to it every Monday evening and do not miss an episode.

With two shows left for the season, I am having a hard time theorizing what exactly the grand finale will be. Is it Jimmy winning this pending case against the "Old Folks Home?" Something in regard to Mike? Chuck goes back to work or dies? Something we don't know about as of yet? A combination of the above?

4.0-4.5/5.0 Stars.

8. Black&Black

Wow, Chuck is a fucking asshole. Fuck him and his space blanket.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

10. Big Red

Big Red Alpha, Thing, It

Fuck Chuck!