1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best Team in the Carolinas

Discussion in 'College Football Forum' started by LRBaseballer, Sep 9, 2008.

which team is the best in the carolinas?

1. UNC Chapel Hill

39.0%
  2. Wake Forest

16.9%
  3. NC State

3.4%
  4. East Carolina

27.1%
  5. App State

10.2%
  6. Clemson

1.7%
  7. South Carolina

1.7%
  1. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

2. LClefty04

LClefty04 Full Access Member

It's a little early to start saying which team is the best.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  3. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Yeah kinda hard to tell after just two games. However, playing along it has to be either Wake or ECU and given quality wins the nod goes to ECU. Even that may be a stretch if you think neither VA Tech or WVU should have been anywhere near the top 25 in the first place when they played ECU.

4. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

I think that both teams were overrated, but WVU is a top 25 team I think.

5. LRBaseballer

LRBaseballer GO CUBS GO!

people that vote for app state.....are you saying that if App played games against each of the other teams in the pole, that App would even win half? no chance.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

As bad as South Carolina's quarterback is, that defense is beastly. I still think would win a narrow victory over ECU, especially if they make a change behind center and focus on running the ball.

7. DaveW

DaveW Super Moderator

we will find out this weekend how good that d is. They played a really shitty team and kind of shitty team...which they lost to.

8. CharlottePirate

CharlottePirate Full Access Member

Uhhh..they let Vanderbilt score how much on them? Im sorry but ECU has a pretty nasty D as well...1st time in 7 years WVU hasnt scored a TD. And if history can be used (which obviously it cant) ECU has beat USC 5 out of the last 7 times I believe.

Granted..I do think WVU is slightly down this year..but they still had Pat White and Devine. Our D looks like its from one of the "big 6" conferences. Our Strength and conditioning coach has really got these guys looking good. They are all big, fast and strong...not normally what you would see out of a CUSA or MAC, etc team.

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

SC only allowed 90 passing yards and 225 total yards to Vanderbilt. They did give up a long pass and a long reverse on the two touchdown drives, and you have to give the Commodores credit for converting those two opportunities into touchdowns, but that's about all they did all day.
    Pretty good, yeah, and definitely better than they've had in a long time, but still not SEC quality.

10. Diamond Rat

Diamond Rat Full Access Member

Definitely ECU all the way. SC has NO quaterback, and let terrible teams stay in the game and one beat them. I like ECU for their quarterback and suprisingly stellar O line and defense. They have everything you look for in a solid team. Brains, Coaching, Speed, Strength, and pure talent. I look for them to play in a GOOD bowl game this season. Look out for the PIRATES!!!